Adventure, Enchantment, Sovereign, Majesty,Grandeur, Voyager

bobbie0253

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Awesome pics, looks like you and yours had a fun time.

We are going on the Grandeur leaving New Orleans on Feb 5th. We will arrive the day before and will have a better part of the afternoon and a good amount of the next day to check out New Orleans. Have you been there before? I would like to go to Jackson Square but I am also interested in the French Quarter. Do you know if they have Trolley's that you have a one day fare and can hop on and off at will? We are traveling with our 22, 18, and 14y/o's.

Any suggestions? Do's and don'ts?

Thanks

PAtti

ps, What a great shot of the Cruise Ship at night!

Hello, bobbie0253........these are wonderful pictures you have. I have enjoyed looking at all the ships. I am really interested in your next cruise on the Grand. We will be sailing on her in April 05 out of Galveston. First time on a princess cruise ship. So far we have only sailed RCCL. We are so very excited. I hope you have a wonderful time on the Grand and I will be watching for your pictures of her and your review. I know the itinerary is different. So take lots of pictures of the ship........... Thanks!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Awesome pics, looks like you and yours had a fun time.

We are going on the Grandeur leaving New Orleans on Feb 5th. We will arrive the day before and will have a better part of the afternoon and a good amount of the next day to check out New Orleans. Have you been there before? I would like to go to Jackson Square but I am also interested in the French Quarter. Do you know if they have Trolley's that you have a one day fare and can hop on and off at will? We are traveling with our 22, 18, and 14y/o's.

Any suggestions? Do's and don'ts?

Thanks

PAtti

ps, What a great shot of the Cruise Ship at night!

Patti,

No matter what you do in New Orleans, you will have fun :) I love that city.

Yes you can buy a day pass for the Trolley for $5pp. We took it to the zoo. The zoo there is great!

Make sure you get a map from the desk at the hotel for the trolley stops. We stayed at the Marriott and will do so again.

They have no open container laws in NOLA so you can brings drinks with you and carry them down Burbon Street without having to pay high prices for a drink.

If you want to buy beads, take the trolley to the stop with the old U.S. Mint. there is a flea market there and we found the beads to be the cheapest there.

I suggest you just walk around get a feel for New Orleans before deciding what you want to do. There is so much to do!

We had dinner at Bubba Gumps (near the river on Toulose St. I think). The food was GREAT. There is also a Coyote Ugly bar close to that. We didn't stop, but it looked to be one of the hot spots at night.

Pat Obriens on Burbon St. looked to be a hot spot too, but too touristy for me :( I am not big on paying too much for dinner and drinks just to say I was there :) We didn't have a bad meal in the city and we were there 2 nights pre-cruise.

Any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Bobbie

Hello, bobbie0253........these are wonderful pictures you have. I have enjoyed looking at all the ships. I am really interested in your next cruise on the Grand. We will be sailing on her in April 05 out of Galveston. First time on a princess cruise ship. So far we have only sailed RCCL. We are so very excited. I hope you have a wonderful time on the Grand and I will be watching for your pictures of her and your review. I know the itinerary is different. So take lots of pictures of the ship........... Thanks!!!!!!

Of course I will take lots of "ship only" pictures :)

Any photo requests? Do you have a cabin #? I will try to get some of your room if you want.

We are really excited to be trying Princess. RCCL is just getting a bit boring for us now. I am sure we will be back, but we are ready for a change.

Bobbie

Thanks bobbie0253.....we have an inside cabin #B536 and My sister will be in #B532. We also have only been on RCCL. As much as we love RCCL we are ready for a change,too. We are very excited and I can't wait to see your pictures and read your review. Not long now for you. Have a wonderful time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived