Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

Everyone remember the Riot on the Carnival Miracle (August 29th - Sept 6th)? This is what started it all...

I dont see where the Capt was rude at all. He presented the facts as they were. He said he "could have been rude". He is also correct in that the ship does not have to take you to a port.

Dave

Batman, if you think that was rude, you haven't been anywhere, you need to spend a week in N.Y.C. :D

Fred

I could be wrong...but I don't believe Batman is saying the Captain was rude...just for folks to judge for themselves.

Batman: Thanks for the link!

I could be wrong...but I don't believe Batman is saying the Captain was rude...just for folks to judge for themselves.

Batman: Thanks for the link!

Then why put the word "rude" in the thread title?

I thought he was firm and matter of fact, not rude at all. I dont know the whole story of what took place ( I can only imagine though), and if he needed to explain and firmness was warranted, then so be it.

I suppose the only part that might have rubbed someone the wrong way was his use of "...I pick you up in NY and drop you off in NY and where we go inbetween is none of your business". OK, the cure for that is thicken your skin and suck it up.

Then why put the word "rude" in the thread title?

Probably because that is what the folks that threw the fit "claimed" as their reason for rioting.

They said the reason they acted the way they did was because the Captain was rude.

Batman is simply providing footage so that we can see if their actions ( and their labeling the Captain as rude) were justified.

Thank you for putting the site out there for us Batman 1975. You are catching a lot of flack for it but it is nice that we all have a chance to determine in our own minds whether the Captain was really rude or not.

I have to go with the concensus here that he wasn't rude just stating the facts.

We also were on one of the Carnival ships that week and missed a couple of ports. There were many people very upset about missing the ports but I personally would have rather we missed the ports then to have been in the middle of these horrible hurricanes that week.

Besides what could be better than being on a cruise with the Drink of the Day in your hand and being around all of the new friends that you have made during your trip. That has got to be better then a day at work!!!:D

What did he say that was rude, he explained the situation very well, sometimes things happen that out of our control, as my husband summed it up, I don't care about the ports, I am just happy I don't have to work, mow the grass or do anything else for 7 days.

Personally I think that the Captian was very blunt in his speeking and some of his comments were down right sexist. "Ladies, you don't have to cook or clean or make the bed for a week". No one seams to find those comments offensive?

Maybe it was ment as a joke but with his delivery it sounded pertty serious to me.

Archived