Know jamaica private tour

megb123

I did this on the Carnival Liberty a few years ago and it was great! We did Dunns River Falls, White River tubing and Fern Gully. We also drove around instead of going to the beach since we were pretty much done with water at that part. It was great and flexible and our driver kept the vendors from harassing us too much at our stops. We are going back in June and I plan on booking again with Know Jamaica!

• 4 months later...

Marva and Javia are just simply the best. Book this private tour and you can customize it to what you want to see. When we went in May 2017, we wanted to go to the Harley Davidson shop, Margaritaville, visit the beach and have some authentic Jerk Chicken. Javia made sure we hit ALL of our highlights and gave us much more. We visited roadside vendors, learned about the industries in Jamaica and had great fellowship. If you are not sure what you want to do, Javia and Marva will guide you along. We felt the LOVE from knowjamaica.com.

You have plenty of time for shopping. The part I LOVED, is we were in complete control of how long you wanted to spend at each stop. Javia Shaw is completely amazing. Our tour was from approximately 8:30am until about 2pm. They will go over how long you want to be gone, what you want to do and then the cost. Believe me when I say it was cost effective, well worth every penny spent. We wanted to visit a harley shop, margaritaville, a beach and some authentic jerk chicken (we went to the pork pit and it was very good). I told him to fill time with the remaining time for our tour and that he did and did it well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one schedule for our cruise in August. I gave Marva some ideas of what we would like and I let her plan the tour. Figured she was the expert, not me. Right now, I am very pleased with my experience working with her. We will be a group of nine, ages 17 to 84. My mother, the 84 year old, can walk but uses a wheel chair to help get around. So Marva had some interesting constraints to work around to design a tour for everyone in our group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

Since I still have a few weeks before our tour I can't answer about any problems. I also paid a 20% deposit. I thought it was fair since it gives them some assurance we will show up and not leave an empty van they could have filled. I think I am assured they will be there to provide the tour since their income is based on customer reviews.

• 1 month later...

Back from our cruise and I have to say our entire group loved the day in Jamaica. Every moment was great and I attribute that mostly to our guide/driver Glenroy from KnowJamaica. He took wonderful care of us.

Back from our cruise and I have to say our entire group loved the day in Jamaica. Every moment was great and I attribute that mostly to our guide/driver Glenroy from KnowJamaica. He took wonderful care of us.

Glad to hear this as we are looking to book with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Marva and her son took my family (me, DH, boys aged 10 and 7) to Dunn's River, Tubing and I think a beach during a stay in Jamaica about 10 years ago. They were awesome! I am still Facebook friends with her, although we have not been back to Jamaica since then. Would not hesitate to recommend them!

• 1 month later...

You mentioned that you traveled with someone with mobility issues- what did they recommend to do as I'm traveling with my folks in their 70s. We have done Kokonos Falls, which was a little too challenging for my Mom. Trying to plan a tour for Ocho Rios in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Kokonos Falls as well but my mother has a wheelchair so that made the trip around the gardens doable. We also did Blue Hole. This was a challenge. There was a very steep hill to go down (and then back up). Glenroy picked two of the local guides to work with our group. He could not have pick anyone better. They were awesome. They half carried my mother and wheel chair down the hill. We left her at a good spot to overlook the water. One guide took us around and one stayed with my mother. He kept her entertained by telling her about the local flora nearby.

Most of our group was under 30 so we needed to do something "active" for them - thus the Blue Hole. If this isn't something your group desires, I'm sure they can come up with some good places to visit. Seems like I read about a plantation that is open for tours.

I think I will contact them.

I was about to post, asking for tour operator recommendations.

I contacted Noel Smith and he quoted me $250. No thanks.

I contacted Liberty Jamaica and they quoted me $200, and then gritted their teeth and went down to $180 when I tried to negotiate.

$150 sounds a lot more reasonable.

Not thrilled about the 20% deposit, but that's only $30, so I won't sweat it, since the rest of you had good experiences with them.

Will report back if I use them and how I enjoyed the experience.

I am also looking to go to Konoko Falls, where I visited previously and enjoyed.

We did Kokonos Falls as well but my mother has a wheelchair so that made the trip around the gardens doable. We also did Blue Hole. This was a challenge. There was a very steep hill to go down (and then back up). Glenroy picked two of the local guides to work with our group. He could not have pick anyone better. They were awesome. They half carried my mother and wheel chair down the hill. We left her at a good spot to overlook the water. One guide took us around and one stayed with my mother. He kept her entertained by telling her about the local flora nearby.

Most of our group was under 30 so we needed to do something "active" for them - thus the Blue Hole. If this isn't something your group desires, I'm sure they can come up with some good places to visit. Seems like I read about a plantation that is open for tours.

Bajae, If you don't mind, may I ask what you paid for your group of 9 ?

I got one quote for my group, and now I'm curious if it's in the ballpark, -or- if I should check around more. Thanks in advance if you reply! :)

I think I will contact them.

I was about to post, asking for tour operator recommendations.

I contacted Noel Smith and he quoted me $250. No thanks.

I contacted Liberty Jamaica and they quoted me $200, and then gritted their teeth and went down to $180 when I tried to negotiate.

$150 sounds a lot more reasonable.

Not thrilled about the 20% deposit, but that's only $30, so I won't sweat it, since the rest of you had good experiences with them.

Will report back if I use them and how I enjoyed the experience.

I am also looking to go to Konoko Falls, where I visited previously and enjoyed.

Pokerpro,

Were those prices for 2 people? No admission fees included?

Yikes, plus add on a tip - wow, No thanks would be my reply too.

What did you decide to do?