Check in time

BSBRose21

I picked mine yesterday or the day before and I'm about 140 days out. Maybe it's 150? I honestly didn't even check until that day and don't remember seeing that option.

When will we be able to pick our check in time? We are still about 200 days away

On the same cruise as you, and picked check-in time months ago.

No, you don't have to be paid off. If you click on "manage", then "my booking", it'll show your entire party, and then where it says "cruise details" , it shows there. Mine has a time now, but I believe before that it was a clickable link to choose time.

Even though I haven't paid my full amount, I was able to see my boarding time by selecting to print "Print General Information"....my boarding time was listed on that document. :cool::cool::cool:

First off the best place to find out if staggered check-in times are available yet for your cruise is in Your Cruise Manager with the second best being the roll call section here at CC for your ship and sailing date. If people on your cruise's roll call are reporting that the drop-down choice is available but you are not seeing it clear your history including the cookies, & try again.

BEING PAID IN FULL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING ABLE TO SELECT YOUR CHECK-IN TIME.

With that saidit has everything to do with which ship, which port, what itinerary, and the sell through rate of cabins. Also those that booked earlier this year (or even further back) before the full revamp of Carnival's web page may of be able to reserve at the time of booking but that is no longer how it's being handled. Recently some people online (here, cruisemates, cruise.com, etc.) have been reporting that the ability to pick a time may also depend on the highest VIFP tier in the cabin. Platinum and Diamond seem to get the earliest picks, but we all know how the rumor mill is.

• 2 weeks later...

For our cruise out of Norfolk, we were not able select check-in time until after we had paid final payment. I watched it a few times a week, and decided to pay the final payment a few weeks early, and voila! I was then able to select our time. Others cruising with us had the same experience.

I suspect the timing for reserving check-in time has to do with the port you are sailing out of. It seems the procedures are all over the place, based on this post and others on CruiseCritic. Norfolk could be an anomaly, as it does not offer FTTF either.

Must be as others have said different depending on ship and port. I had been checking over past few weeks and suddenly on 169 days it appeared. All times were listed starting from 11:00am and beyond. We are platinum and usually arrive to port early so I chose the first time available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For our 11/11 sailing on Carnival Magic, both FTTF and "Arrival Appointments" (staggered check-in) appeared at the same time, 168 days prior to the cruise. (FTTF was gone within hours.) It apparently had nothing to do with being paid in full as both folks who have and have not were both presented with the Arrival Appointments option at the same time.

Today we were just under 200 days ... Low & Behold ....

When I went to my "Online Checkin" page this morning I found a new link there today called "Arrival Appointment - set up embarkation time"

:D:D

We did not receive an email like some people said we would.:confused:

I've been checking everyday because we really wanted the earliest slot available ... which for our cruise seems to be 11:00-11:30 ... so right now I'm a happy camper

We're way ahead of having to make final payment but we had filled out the "Online Checkin" pages so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

I also did not receive an email notifying me that check-in time were available, as I was promised. I guess they are okay with rewarding those of us who check every day several times a day.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.