Longest cruise

N2Mischief

How long is the longest you have spent at sea at one time, including back to back cruises? What did you like/not like about being at sea that long?

Our longest has been 15 day Panama, 15 day Hawaii, and 17 days total back to back Caribbean. We enjoyed all three and were not quite ready to come home.

This year we have booked 4 cruises back to back for a total of 28 days sailing. :eek:I am wondering if it will be too long, or if I am a true die hard and not ready to come home after.

Edited by N2Mischief

I have done 30 days twice. The first one was a HAL cruise to Hawaii & Tahiti r/t from San Diego. The second one was a repositioning cruise on RCL's Mariner of the Seas from LA around South America to Santos, Brazil.

On the Hawaii/French Polynesia cruise, we left Tahiti on the 23rd day and then had a full week sailing back to San Diego. Since this was a HAL cruise, the ship was mostly dead at night and it became boring after awhile. Walking around after 11pm was a solo experience. Everyone was in bed by then, lol. If I had had the choice to fly home rather than cruising for another 7 days, I would have done so.

Conversely, the South America cruise was loads of fun. It was actually a B2B cruise and we picked up a bunch of Argentinian, Chilean & Brazilian passengers halfway through the cruise and the entire atmosphere of the ship changed. There were people up and about till 4am each night (if not later). Even after 30 days, I was not ready to leave the ship.

I actually had been scheduled to take another 30-day cruise last year when Carnival repositioned Splendor from LA to NY. I was booked on the first two legs which would have once again had me cruising from LA, around Cape Horn to Brazil. Unfortunately, I ended up having to cancel that trip. But I definitely would have no qualms about cruising for 30+ days on the right ship with the right itinerary.

We did 28 days last year on the Sunshine. 12 days in the Mediterranean and 16 days back to New Orleans. The 12 day part was port intensive so the 16 days back with only three ports was so relaxing. Slept a little later stayed up later. We will do it again. The longest stretch of sea days was 6. Coming from Malaga to New Orleans.

I have done 9 months on the beautiful USS Ranger, touring the far east.

My husband was stationed on the USS Ranger in the early 80's!

I loved our Hawaii cruise, it too was out of Long beach. It was a very much older crowd, lots of wheelchairs and oxygen tanks (not complaining, I may be in a wheel chair for parts of the cruise's recovering from major surgery). I did notice the ship got very quiet very early. One night at the midnight comedy show there were only 7 people in the audience! lol Try not to get picked on in that one!

We had originally booked just 3, but then my husband saw the Journey concert on the Splendor and booked it. It is the exact same itinerary as our 3rd cruise so we will probably just stay onboard and relax.

My husband was stationed on the USS Ranger in the early 80's!

I loved our Hawaii cruise, it too was out of Long beach. It was a very much older crowd, lots of wheelchairs and oxygen tanks (not complaining, I may be in a wheel chair for parts of the cruise's recovering from major surgery). I did notice the ship got very quiet very early. One night at the midnight comedy show there were only 7 people in the audience! lol Try not to get picked on in that one!

We had originally booked just 3, but then my husband saw the Journey concert on the Splendor and booked it. It is the exact same itinerary as our 3rd cruise so we will probably just stay onboard and relax.

Longest was 11 months on a RO/RO ship during the First Gulf War. Longest on a cruise ship was 5 months while we transitioned the Norwegian Sky to the Pride of Aloha.

8 nights is the longest we've done.:o

And as much as I LOVE cruising, I don't think I could do much longer.

We are usually ready to get off by then.

But the weird thing is, as soon as we get home, we are looking to book our next one.:eek::eek:

Go figure.....:rolleyes:

How long is the longest you have spent at sea at one time, including back to back cruises? What did you like/not like about being at sea that long?

Our longest has been 15 day Panama, 15 day Hawaii, and 17 days total back to back Caribbean. We enjoyed all three and were not quite ready to come home.

This year we have booked 4 cruises back to back for a total of 28 days sailing. :eek:I am wondering if it will be too long, or if I am a true die hard and not ready to come home after.

42 days on the Emerald Princess in 2011. 32 days on the Royal Princess 2013. Husband spent 200 days at sea, thanks to Uncle Sam. Needless to say, he enjoys a cruise ship more.

We enjoy longer cruises as we can unpack and enjoy ourselves for many days.

Just returned from the Coral Princess, full transit of the canal, LA to FLL.

Leaving Saturday on Carnival Glory for a short, seven day cruise.

Shirley

I did 35 days when the Spirit relocated to Australia in 2012...that was a B2B2B. I just did 22 days on the Legend to Australia and that was just one cruise. Depending on the itinerary of the Vista, I may be doing a B2B or more.

I actually wouldn't do anything less than 10 days unless I was adding two or more together.

Edited by crzndeb

Longest on one cruise ship was 21 days. Chosen for the itinerary, otherwise I don't cruise for any ship experience. This was in May this year, end of August, I was on 4 cruises for 5 weeks (gone for 6 weeks) 3 7 day cruises, 1 15 day cruise, 3 ships. Again- it was all about itinerary.

I'll be getting on the Epic Sunday, followed by the Splendor, so another 21 days on a ship. And again for where it takes me.

The cruise ships are a fantastic deal now, meals lodging and transportation in one. Reason it works out well for us. :)

Some people cruise to cruise- works out for them too.

We have done a b2b cruise on the same ship. The second week we were a bit disappointed because we had already seen all the shows. On Sunday we leave for 7 days on Conquest and then 6 days on the Breeze. Excited to try the changing of ships in the middle. I imagine we will be a bit bored in Miami waiting for the Breeze to clear for boarding, but we'll see!

What a great ship! I sailed on her in 1975.

She was a fantastic ship. There is nothing better than laying under the stars on a sailboat at night and watching the stars go by with just sail power and no engine noise.

Sadly, she was lost at sea during hurricane Mitch and all crew were lost after off loading the passengers. The ensuing lawsuits ended the Windjammer line.

I was friends with Captain Mike (the owner) and his kids. It was really one mans dream and a sad end to a wonderful story. I lost some good friends.

She was a fantastic ship. There is nothing better than laying under the stars on a sailboat at night and watching the stars go by with just sail power and no engine noise.

Sadly, she was lost at sea during hurricane Mitch and all crew were lost after off loading the passengers. The ensuing lawsuits ended the Windjammer line.

I was friends with Captain Mike (the owner) and his kids. It was really one mans dream and a sad end to a wonderful story. I lost some good friends.

I did read the book "The Ship and The Storm" - or the other way around. We booked for one week then got a letter inviting us to stay (for free!) for another week as she sailed to wherever for dry dock. So 14 days - it was awesome.

We wanted to go again but I was in my early 20s and couldn't afford it.

Is there ANYONE in this thread that would like to adopt me as a sister? :eek: My bucket list consists of cruising for at least 1 month! Oh, I would so love to cruise for long lengths of time. I've done a 10 day on the Paradise, and it was wonderful.

Our longest was 16 day Miami to Long Beach via the Panama Canal on the Imagination. Upcoming 15 day rt to Hawaii from Long Beach on the Miracle.

My longest non stop voyage on the Pacific Mariner, a tugboat, was 3,200nm , 19 days, Long Beach to Bahia de Malaga Colombia. Total days of the voyage was 40 days, 7120nm.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Forums mobile app