Specific Stockholm transportation help

We, parents and 2 teenage boys, are on the Eurodam docking at Frihamnen Sat July 6, 8am to 5pm. We are planning on taking the T-bana to Central Station, and then taking the boat ride round trip to Drottningholm Palace, with time in Gamla Stan, then T-bana back to Frihamnen. My questions have to do with the T-bana transportation: cost, location of nearest station (Gardet?), frequency of trains, advice to cover the unknown, and your opinion if this is a good plan or not. Google Maps seems to have the Gardet T-bana station in trees behind an apartment building. Would a bus be a better idea? Thanks!

My questions have to do with the T-bana transportation: cost, location of nearest station (Gardet?), frequency of trains, advice to cover the unknown, and your opinion if this is a good plan or not. Google Maps seems to have the Gardet T-bana station in trees behind an apartment building. Would a bus be a better idea? Thanks!

Its of course a little bit of walking to the Gärdet station but in my mind the subway is then a bit faster than the bus. Yes, you are looking at the correct place at Google Maps, uphill on Värtavägen and then turn right in between a yellow and a blue-gray building.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=sv&ll=59.347783,18.102261&spn=0.002481,0.008256&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=59.347674,18.102236&panoid=cWTmnfQ8WVFZUjzmuAl9qw&cbp=12,275.44,,0,-5.29

Once inside there is a long corridor that leads you to the ticket hall. There is a ticket stand to the left and a newspaper kiosk that also sells one day tickets to the right. In your case I assume you just need single tickets but I leave it to the native Stockholmers here to answer about the price (its a one zone trip) as I always use day tickets myself when in Stockholm. Then down the escalator and take the LEFT platform (train towards Norsborg - its still left hand traffic in the Stockholm tunnelbana)

On Saturdays the trains goes every 15 min until 9.00 and after that every 10th minute. http://sl.se/ficktid/sommar/s13.pdf

Exiting the train at T-centralen subway station you turn left if you want to go to the central railway station or right if you want to go to Sergels Torg area.

We, parents and 2 teenage boys, are on the Eurodam docking at Frihamnen Sat July 6, 8am to 5pm. We are planning on taking the T-bana to Central Station, and then taking the boat ride round trip to Drottningholm Palace, with time in Gamla Stan, then T-bana back to Frihamnen. My questions have to do with the T-bana transportation: cost, location of nearest station (Gardet?), frequency of trains, advice to cover the unknown, and your opinion if this is a good plan or not. Google Maps seems to have the Gardet T-bana station in trees behind an apartment building. Would a bus be a better idea? Thanks!

Not to try and throw a monkey wrench into your plans, but you should try and see the Vasa Museum. Your boys, AND YOU will love this place. It is truly fascinating.

Cheers

Len

Thank you very much, excellent detail. Is this correct then to get to the Gardet station: right out of port on Sondra Hamnvagen, cross over to Tegeluddsvagen, then left on Vartavagen? Google Streetview seems to show that there are plenty of sidewalks and that it is pedestrian friendly.

Thank you very much, excellent detail. Is this correct then to get to the Gardet station: right out of port on Sondra Hamnvagen, cross over to Tegeluddsvagen, then left on Vartavagen? Google Streetview seems to show that there are plenty of sidewalks and that it is pedestrian friendly.

yeah that is correct.

Archived