Happy to be onboard the Veendam!

Tinknock50

Weather was bright and sunny on sail day!....really enjoying cabin 420....great view out the back and just a few steps to the outside doorway to promenade.

Food has been good ....especially the sirloin and roasted potatoes...mmmmmm

Have a FABULOUS cruise!

How was the embarkation yesterday 9/19 in Vancouver?

There were to be 4 ships at Canada Place. There are only 2 most days. Both the Veendam and Statendam and 2 NCL ships. Also a RCI and Celebrity at the other pier. How long did it take you to check in? I had friends going on the Statendam and their TA told them to time their arrival for late afternoon.

How was the embarkation yesterday 9/19 in Vancouver?

There were to be 4 ships at Canada Place. There are only 2 most days. Both the Veendam and Statendam and 2 NCL ships. Also a RCI and Celebrity at the other pier. How long did it take you to check in? I had friends going on the Statendam and their TA told them to time their arrival for late afternoon.

yes...it was a mess....a longer wait then it has been taking to get....a lot of confusion for many people.

stopped raining as soon as we got into juneau.....food is great...just going to walk around today.

Sore today from my workout yesterday...LOL

Saw many whales this morning....enjoying watching the excitement of the pax as they spot them...one of my favorite parts of the cruise....

At the Juneau library using their free access....time almost out...later

Ship is spotless!.....but steamroom is being rebuilt,so couldn't use it....darn.

Happy to be cruising!

Last night the ship was really rocking and rolling in a gale. I loved sleeping while the ship moves!

The matress are very comfy and the sheets are very soft....best cruise bed I have ever had!

Still overcast in Juneau with a slight rain now and then. Although just now I see some blue sky peeking through.

I splurged and booked a bearwatching trip against the advice of some on this board who said it was too late in the season to see them feast on salmon.

Shore excursion desk said ther e were 2 bears there last week, so i decide to take the gamble. Atleast it will be an interesting plane flight and walk through the forest, so no huge loss if the bears aren't there.

On to Glacier Bay tommorow!

Glacier Bay was just totally awesome! We got so close to the glaciers we felt we could almost touch them! We went to John Hopkins glacier and saw a lot of calving and one very fantasic large one!

Don't let anybody kid you....you can get closer to everything in the smaller s-class ships.

Sean

Glad to hear that your visit to Glacier Bay was awesome. Unfortunately for the rising seas, this year has been very very warm in Alaska and the glaciers have been very active this year! It proved for very exciting viewing at Hubbard Glacier. I think Glacier Bay is on the top 10 "most pristine" places in the world. It is so good to see that they have regulated the number of visits into the Bay and kept it in it's pristine state!:cool: Hope the rest of your visit to Alaska is just as wonderful!

Hi Sean - I am still on the Mariner. I just logged onto CC because we have some free internet time due to not being able to come in on Sunday due to Hurricane Jeanne. It will be Monday, maybe even Tuesday.

I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying the Veendam. The ship is lovely and the crew is wonderful. Have you met the two wonderful bar tenders at the Ocean Bar. I sure am enjoying the Mariner. It is a gorgeous ship. I still prefer HAL for solo cruising, but otherwise, really like the Voyager ship.

Looking forward to your review.

Marie

Hi Sean - I am still on the Mariner. I just logged onto CC because we have some free internet time due to not being able to come in on Sunday due to Hurricane Jeanne. It will be Monday, maybe even Tuesday.

I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying the Veendam. The ship is lovely and the crew is wonderful. Have you met the two wonderful bar tenders at the Ocean Bar. I sure am enjoying the Mariner. It is a gorgeous ship. I still prefer HAL for solo cruising, but otherwise, really like the Voyager ship.

Looking forward to your review.

Marie

I supose being out in stormy water isn't fun, but it must be nice getting a longer cruise!

I spent more time in the Explorers Lounge, so I didn't meat the bartenders in the Ocean Bar.

Anyway, just got home...maybe I will have a mini-review in a couple of days.

Archived