Host Andy, can you help with wine immersion?

suec12

We are booked on one of the wine immersion cruises this fall and I am wondering if perhaps Host Andy can get us any further info on special events or any special allowances for bringing wine onboard - to be uncorked for a fee?! It seems silly to not make some allowances for this as the theme of the cruise and the venues chosen are for "wine immersion". Thanks for any info you may be able to get for us thru contacts you may have with the head office!

We are booked on one of the wine immersion cruises this fall and I am wondering if perhaps Host Andy can get us any further info on special events or any special allowances for bringing wine onboard - to be uncorked for a fee?! It seems silly to not make some allowances for this as the theme of the cruise and the venues chosen are for "wine immersion". Thanks for any info you may be able to get for us thru contacts you may have with the head office!

Hi Sue,

I will be happy to ask for you. If I receive an answer, I will post on this thread. Stay Tuned !

Hi Sue,

I asked Celebrity the following 2 questions. Here is their response :

-- Will there be special excursions or onboard events planned ?

Yes. We have introduced some very special shore excursions to visit wineries in the regions. We will also have some overnight excursions to allow for even more time and visits. Those have been posted on our website in the shore excursion section. In addition to the new shore excursions, as well as our already extensive wine enrichment programs, we will have guest lecturers, additional tastings, and special pairing seminars and dinners hosted by special guest wine educators from local wineries and wine distributor affiliations.

-- Will the Guest policy concerning bringing Wine onboard, be relaxed for these sailings ?

Yes. We recognize that guests may be eager to purchase wine while visiting these wonderful wine producing regions. In fact, we have made a change that considers all the wine cruise sailings we offer. The modification to the policy for those specific sailings on Millennium, Constellation, and Century is:

Guests who book a company sponsored shore excursion are permitted to bring back 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on the day of the excursion. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee. This amendment to the policy will be available on our website and communicated to Travel Agents.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Sue,

Yes. We have introduced some very special shore excursions to visit wineries in the regions. We will also have some overnight excursions to allow for even more time and visits. Those have been posted on our website in the shore excursion section. In addition to the new shore excursions, as well as our already extensive wine enrichment programs, we will have guest lecturers, additional tastings, and special pairing seminars and dinners hosted by special guest wine educators from local wineries and wine distributor affiliations.

-- Will the Guest policy concerning bringing Wine onboard, be relaxed for these sailings ?

Yes. We recognize that guests may be eager to purchase wine while visiting these wonderful wine producing regions. In fact, we have made a change that considers all the wine cruise sailings we offer. The modification to the policy for those specific sailings on Millennium, Constellation, and Century is:

Guests who book a company sponsored shore excursion are permitted to bring back 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on the day of the excursion. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee. This amendment to the policy will be available on our website and communicated to Travel Agents.

Do you know if this has been implemented on the website? Would love to have this printed straight from the website to take along on our 11/18/12 Immersive Wine cruise :p. (BTW, I did try a search.)

Thanks!

Do you know if this has been implemented on the website? Would love to have this printed straight from the website to take along on our 11/18/12 Immersive Wine cruise :p. (BTW, I did try a search.)

Thanks!

Hi Kb,

I do not know the answer, but will be happy to ask. Stay Tuned !

Thanks!

I'd like to do that too, for our upcoming Millie Pacific Coastal wine cruise. Often times, the folks in charge of enforcing rules on the ship are unaware of policy changes at corporate! :rolleyes:

Hi Sue,

Cool!

We are on the Century wine cruise departing Vancouver on September 25. We never bring wine on board at the departure port, however, it would be nice to be able to bring wine on board from various ports along the way, even if we don't take Celebrity's shore excursions. We have friends in San Francisco who may take us to wineries in their car. It would be great if we could bring bottles on board - whatever Celebrity usually allows at the port of embarkation.

• 3 weeks later...

We have now booked in Nov for this cruse. I have not been able to locate any new info on the Celebrity wed site yet either. Does anyone that has done this cruise before know how easy it might be to get to the Wine regions from the ports on your own. We are thinking of renting a car at each port, or booking with a local tour company for a day of tasting. Thanks for any info. Dave

We have now booked in Nov for this cruse. I have not been able to locate any new info on the Celebrity wed site yet either. Does anyone that has done this cruise before know how easy it might be to get to the Wine regions from the ports on your own. We are thinking of renting a car at each port, or booking with a local tour company for a day of tasting. Thanks for any info. Dave

You haven't mentioned which cruise in November you have booked for, but please feel free to come on over the roll call. I believe both ours (18th Nov) and the one on the 6th are quite active. You can also get information on the other wine immersion threads that are going to. Unfortunately, you won't find much historical informtion as I believe this is the first time that X has tried this itinerary so are just "dipping their toe in the water" at this point to see if it will be succesful.

Have you received any further information??

Thanks!

Hi Kb4683,

Celebrity advised their Constellation team has been advised of the rules for the Wine immersion sailings.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Archived