Self Serve Beer Wall on Britannia

tinsoldier

Hi - just noticed the following on the PO website:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/enomatic_wine

If you scroll towards the end of that link there is a section entitled 'Self Serve Beer Wall' which states that there is a self serve option available in the buffet on Britannia (similar to the enomatic system for wine). The reason for this post is to ask if anyone knows when it was installed (I don't remember seeing it last December), whether anyone has used it and if anyone knows which beers are available. And of course if someone happens to have a photo of it that would be great...!!

Larger and beer has been available since she was new - well it was in August 2015 and was last week.We think that Stella was available or Peroni - no promises though.

Sorry no pictures.

You may need a degree in engineering to use it and make it work though :-)

Sometimes it is easier to go a few yards to the Sunset Bar

Thanks for the quick reply. I obviously missed it in December although I certainly wouldn't be drinking Stella or Peroni anyway! As you say, it's probably better to go to the sunset bar or down to Brodie's and enjoy some real beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was there last July which is when I had my run-in with it - it looked innocent enough but approach with caution!

I swiped my cruise card and proceeded to pour myself a pint of Stella, which is when then trouble started. My pint came out, followed by another, and another, the thing wouldn't stop and by the time it finally shut down I had a bill for about £20 and a lot of frothy beer spread over several glasses. On the plus side the waiter told me to report it to reception who duly refunded the whole lot without a problem. Me thinks i wasn't the first to fall foul of this beast

I also had a problem with the self serve lager. I poured it carefully but still ended up with a glass of foam. The lager had some bits in it and tasted odd. I didn't see anyone else using it so the lager is probably going stale. I wouldn't be surprised if P&O remove these taps.

Thanks for the quick reply. I obviously missed it in December although I certainly wouldn't be drinking Stella or Peroni anyway! As you say, it's probably better to go to the sunset bar or down to Brodie's and enjoy some real beer!

Like bottles of Old Speckled Hen,lovely.

It was there last July which is when I had my run-in with it - it looked innocent enough but approach with caution!

I swiped my cruise card and proceeded to pour myself a pint of Stella, which is when then trouble started. My pint came out, followed by another, and another, the thing wouldn't stop and by the time it finally shut down I had a bill for about £20 and a lot of frothy beer spread over several glasses. On the plus side the waiter told me to report it to reception who duly refunded the whole lot without a problem. Me thinks i wasn't the first to fall foul of this beast

My brother in law would have drunk them all before the last one came out.

I also had a problem with the self serve lager. I poured it carefully but still ended up with a glass of foam. The lager had some bits in it and tasted odd. I didn't see anyone else using it so the lager is probably going stale. I wouldn't be surprised if P&O remove these taps.

RCI has high tech robot cocktail mixers which are fun to watch but sometimes don't work properly, P&O have low tech self serve beer pumps which are temperamental and also sometimes don't work and are no fun at all.:')

RCI has high tech robot cocktail mixers which are fun to watch but sometimes don't work properly, P&O have low tech self serve beer pumps which are temperamental and also sometimes don't work and are no fun at all.:')

Rci bionic bar is quite amusing for about 2 mins, was on anthem of seas last year and barely saw anyone in it, biggest noveltie ever, complete waste of space.