limoinrome vs.romeinlimo

EAGLESLOVER

I just used Google Chrome and searched for limoinrome and found the web site. I did not use their services ...... it seems to me that their rates might be a little high ( 220 euros for transfer of 8 from FCO to port). I just got back home from a cruise that sails from Civitavecchia and the transfer for 8 of us from FCO to port was 150 euros, the same amount from port to FCO..Nice van, looked like new, friendly and helpful driver and driving safely.

Wieslaw could you please tell me who you used? My concern is that we are due to dock at 9 am on a day when 2 other ships dock at 5 am and 7 am . More than 10,000 passengers in Civitavecchia that day. Having been on many cruises with delays in disembarking, I am concerned as to what time to book a shuttle as all companies I have contacted will wait a max of 30 mins after the requested pick up time. We will be hoping to walk off with our luggage is available. Will be on MSC Fantasia and needing to go to our convent accommodation near termini.

Hi Tara Jane,

we were on the Jewel of the seas and there were other ships in port as well. I did see MSC as well. I do not know how many passengers were in port.

We walked off the ship with our luggage at 8 am and our driver was waiting. They do this ( transfers) a lot so they know if a ship is late.

The company that we used is Antonio Cagnoli & Son ( http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.com/index.html ) I like them very much. They provided a perfect service at a price that was reasonable to me ( and a lot lower than some of the others).

I do not know how long they wait for the passengers - write to them and ask. They do not ask for your CC number so it is in their interest to wait. Of course the passengers should try to be on time - some have tendency to be late regardless what time their pick up is.

take a look what others have written about the company that we used:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio_Cagnoli_and_Son_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html

Edited by wieslaw

Wieslaw,

Thanks for your recommendation we have booked Antonio. He was very quick to reply to my email query and I like that he is a smaller family concern. We are 5 going to 2 different locations. No extra fee for the 2nd drop off, no deposit or credit card request. His written english skills were excellent in comparison to other companies I contacted.

Hi Tara Jane.

I am happy that you found a company that met your needs. No need to thank me ( but I do appreciate it) I am glad to see others benefit from my experience ...... because I benefited from the experience of others.

There were a lot of questions that I was asking on this board before my first cruise from Civitavecchia and many helped me.

I do not even remember how I found Antonio but I am so glad that I did. They are such a nice company that provided us with a great service and BTW Mr Antonio's son is very fluent in the english language..He was our driver from FCO to the port and the distance is pretty far ( about 50 km) ....... we had a nice conversation during the ride.

Wishing you an enjoyable cruise.

Edited by wieslaw

Yes that's what cruise critic is all about, helping each other. I must say reading through 26 pages of reviews on trip advisor took its time!!!! I am somewhat OCD in regard to researching. Only 2 negative comments on 26 pages was the deciding factor for us. We havent sailed in or out of Civ, had a port stop once but didnt venture into Rome as we had spent time there the previous week.

WOW .......really ? You read all the comments. I only read a few and I trusted the rest.

The price was a factor too. There are others like romeinlimo that got many good comments but they seem to me to be too greedy and charge too much (IMO). In my case they wanted 500 euros for the same thing that Antonio charged 300.

BTW what did you find out about the waiting time.

He said they will wait for us, so no problem. I have told him we have a 9 am arrival and he has put us in for a 9 - 9.30 pick up time. Seemed to know the routine with all the ships.

Am ok with that, as if its a major disaster and he doesn't show then we aren't going to be charged.

Worst case senario is shuttle, bus, train but I have 100% confidence all will be well.

We have exchanged phone numbers and I will make contact again once I am on the ship and can hopefully get more info out of guest relations, but past history tells me the ships don't like giving out any info.

• 2 weeks later...

limoinrome is really a misnomer. We have used them 3 times over the last 10 years and they are outstanding. Claudio Caponera is limoinrome and he does amazing tours in Italy. He will pick you up in either Rome, Florence or Naples from the ship and do any type of tour you desire. We have done Rome - Pisa & Florence - Tuscany with him ...... he comes highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
limoinrome is really a misnomer. We have used them 3 times over the last 10 years and they are outstanding. Claudio Caponera is limoinrome and he does amazing tours in Italy. He will pick you up in either Rome, Florence or Naples from the ship and do any type of tour you desire. We have done Rome - Pisa & Florence - Tuscany with him ...... he comes highly recommended.

Another thumbs up for Claudio Caponera and his company. We have used them several times for transfers from FCO to Rome and Civitavecchia and from Rome to Civitavecchia..

We used Romeinlimo for our Rome tour a while ago. The driver picked us up at the port and left us off there when we were done. I still say it was the best tour we've ever been on. They arranged for our own tour guide in the Vatican as well. We saw every place we wanted to see in Rome and a couple extra ones I wasn't aware of. We were able to avoid the ticket lines in the Vatican and the Coliseum as well. Saved a lot of time. Having never been to Rome after driving with our tour guide for a while I realized there is no way I would have been able to drive there. Just so busy. One of our top tours.

My advice:

Book with Romeinlimo. I've used them on 2 separate cruises.

First time was Rome Highlights with a private guide at the Vatican and

tour from Naples to the Amalfi coast with a spectacular lunch high on the cliffs of Positano followed by an afternoon in Pompeii.

Trip two was once again Rome highlights and another private tour at the Vatican.

Next was Pisa and Florence and last was a relaxing day spent doing the entire Amalfi Coast , lunch at Da Costantino with that spectacular view. Riding in a comfortable Mercedes sedan with Andrea Bocelli playing it was a perfect day for tired travelers.

I cannot praise them enough!

Check their reviews on TripAdvisor.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone used limoinrome for transport from the port to Rome

When I search I just get references to romeinlimo which is a different company

Thanks in advance

Sharon

I think you are looking for Limousinrome, their tour #13 picks up on the dock and will allow you to customize your tour the price point is 450 Euro for up to eight passengers. This is Roberto's website: http://limousinrome.com/

• 1 year later...

DO NOT BOOK WITH LIMO IN ROME!

I do not say this lightly.  I have used Claudio Caponera's company in the past - about 15 years ago - and had a good experience.

We booked his company for a tour from Rome to Sienna and Tuscany in October of 2018.  It was supposed to include a "licensed tour guide".  We had a driver, who did not act as a guide. He sat in the car when we were on our own in Sienna.  He did not even provide a map of the town.  

We were supposed to "visit a winery for wine tasting and the cellar where wine is aged in oak barrels."  We were taken to a town where there was a store that had samples if you purchased wine.

We were supposed to go to " Pienza, the town famous for Pecorino cheese and wine. Time at your leisure for shopping in the little store, artisan shops and for tasting one of the most famous red wine in Italy, the Brunello '.  The driver got lost, drove in a huge circle and ended up back where we were 45 minutes prior.  No cheese, no shop, no tasting. 

When we contacted Claudio he did nothing to apologize, but he did admit that his website was "not well specified."

Not only did this waste $650 (for 4 people), it wasted one of only 3 days we had in that region. A once in a lifetime opportunity ruined

You can see from my profile and past reviews, I am not one to criticize unless there is a very good reason.  Please do not patronize this company.

Edited by JPH814

On 2/21/2019 at 1:18 PM, JPH814 said:

DO NOT BOOK WITH LIMO IN ROME!

I do not say this lightly.  I have used Claudio Caponera's company in the past - about 15 years ago - and had a good experience.

We booked his company for a tour from Rome to Sienna and Tuscany in October of 2018.  It was supposed to include a "licensed tour guide".  We had a driver, who did not act as a guide. He sat in the car when we were on our own in Sienna.  He did not even provide a map of the town.  

We were supposed to "visit a winery for wine tasting and the cellar where wine is aged in oak barrels."  We were taken to a town where there was a store that had samples if you purchased wine.

We were supposed to go to " Pienza, the town famous for Pecorino cheese and wine. Time at your leisure for shopping in the little store, artisan shops and for tasting one of the most famous red wine in Italy, the Brunello '.  The driver got lost, drove in a huge circle and ended up back where we were 45 minutes prior.  No cheese, no shop, no tasting. 

When we contacted Claudio he did nothing to apologize, but he did admit that his website was "not well specified."

Not only did this waste $650 (for 4 people), it wasted one of only 3 days we had in that region. A once in a lifetime opportunity ruined

You can see from my profile and past reviews, I am not one to criticize unless there is a very good reason.  Please do not patronize this company.

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied but thanks for sharing your experience 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, samavarcruiser said:

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied but thanks for sharing your experience 😞

Yes.  It was a bummer.  I hope to warn others.