Butt's Up or Cavetubing.bz in Belize

brimichelle15

Quick question instead of making a whole new thread. Does Cave-tubing.com AKA butts up require any deposit or want full payment up front when booking for caving tubing tour? I remember last time we used them we reserved it with a credit card but paid in cash when we got there and just wondering if any of that has changed recently?

Quick question instead of making a whole new thread. Does Cave-tubing.com AKA butts up require any deposit or want full payment up front when booking for caving tubing tour? I remember last time we used them we reserved it with a credit card but paid in cash when we got there and just wondering if any of that has changed recently?

I booked Butts Up for my July 30th 2017 cruise. Its $35pp including lunch and no deposit or credit card was asked for. Just pay in cash once you get there.

No deposit. They want you to pay for the fun you have, not before tour vacation even starts!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I booked Butts Up for my July 30th 2017 cruise. Its $35pp including lunch and no deposit or credit card was asked for. Just pay in cash once you get there.

No deposit. They want you to pay for the fun you have, not before tour vacation even starts!

Awesome guys thanks for the help. Yea I saw they had a sale going on for $35 for the cave tubing tour and we have 6 of us going and wanted to jump on that deal for cruise next April. There's also going to be 3 carnival ship in Belize that day so it's going to be busy and wanted to get my place with Buttz Up. they could book up with that many ships that day being one of the most popular cave tubing tours in Belize.

Edited by Brad1972

Use the cruise ship excursion and do the PRICE MATCH....it will give you the difference in price back as an onboard credit.

I was looking at price matching. Which Carnival excursion did you book (I noticed there were a few different choices for cave tubing) and what did you price match with?

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Butts Up last year and it was the best excursion of the trip, bar none. Our dinner companions booked a cave tubing excursion through the cruiseline and not only did they not get to go through the jungle river, missing the most beautiful and lengthy part of the tubing, they had to carry their tubes to the location and the tubes were not tied together, meaning they had to hook their feet under a stranger's armpits to stay together.

I can't speak to the cavetubing.bz experience, it's well-rated so I'm sure it's fantastic. But I can say that the guides at Butts Up were enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and had a great sense of humor. It was everything I wanted out of the excursion and I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again if I went to Belize a second time.

I'd say you will almost certainly a good experience either way, but I would recommend Butts Up since I know for sure that they do a longer and more scenic river route than the Carnival excursion and other local excursions we saw in the caves.

I wouldn't worry at all about the tender. It's definitely not a 2 hour trip to the excursion site—more like 45 minutes, and you will get back with plenty of time to catch your tender. These companies are rated very highly on TripAdvisor and their business would be seriously hurt if they gained a reputation for making people miss their ship. They are very conscious of what time you need to be getting back.

Another quick question about Butts Up and .bz. Do both go through the same caves? i have read that .bz goes through 3 cave groups. What about Butts Up? We did the Chukka excursion years ago with Zip Lining and only did one cave. This time we wanted more time in the cool water and caves.

When we went with bz, it was one cave, but some of the other groups put in sooner than we did. We went further up the trail, so we were in the cave longer. But there wasn't any getting in & out of multiple caves.

• 3 weeks later...
Another quick question about Butts Up and .bz. Do both go through the same caves? i have read that .bz goes through 3 cave groups. What about Butts Up? We did the Chukka excursion years ago with Zip Lining and only did one cave. This time we wanted more time in the cool water and caves.

Booked .bz for this coming December, was wondering the same thing. Also, anyone know exactly where these caves are? Anyone have a pin on google maps on coordinates? Really just more of a curiosity question.

I'm sure we'll be back in plenty of time for the tender, but my wife is worried about time for shopping. :p

Used Butts up last week ! My daughter and I had a great time. It was one really long cave. The people who bought their excursion through the ship stop at the caves ending and the people who bought it through Butt's Up went all the way down the river to the starting point (less of a walk back). There were multiple cave tubing groups there, so I am assuming they all use the same location. I also saw Cavetubing.BZ as well as Carnival cave tubing, Butt's Up and a few others in the cave with us. We left around 10am and were back by 3 and the last tender left at 4:30pm. Never had to worry about time issues. Got a nice city tour and history lesson on Belize from our guide John and his crew Big Mac and Chico, even got to taste some Cashew wine (who knew Cashews were a fruit) Overall, amazing trip and for $35 with lunch and transportation included, it really can't be beat!!!!!

Cave tubing Bz meets you inside the terminal which is very nice, it is very crowded and hard to find butts up. We had the owners son for our driver and he was very good and they stay in touch with the ship so that if any thing changes they will come back early, they would not stay in business if they miss the ship. Bz is a great company, we have use both and Bz lunch is great also. Go to their web site and he will get back in touch with you and you can work out the details of what all you want to do.

• 2 months later...
Use the cruise ship excursion and do the PRICE MATCH....it will give you the difference in price back as an onboard credit.

We just did it 2 weeks ago, had a blast. No issue getting back to the ship that way.

my video:

The walk through the jungle is not that bad, as long as you are reasonably fit. The bus ride is over an hour, but not much. Chukka is the company used by Carnival, and the guides are fantastic, talking the whole way there giving you a history of the country, the caves, the Mayans, etc so it never seems long. I don't know if any of the independent ops do that. Bus was comfy with AC, but not cold. Food was baked chicken with coconut rice and beans, cole slaw. Not fancy but filling and good.

robin

how did you price match this? I would like to look into this for my upcoming cruise in November... Thanks!

When we did butts up cave tubing we got off the ship late cause the damn trender boat driver had to have EVERY SINGLE seat filled before he would leave. A couple single seats here and there, you know how hard it is to fill those from passengers that are all in groups. not to many single cruises. Anyway we finlly get to the dock and it was not hard to find Butts Up caving tubing, they were RIGHT outside the gates. loaded into the van and off we went. got the park, had time to change if needed and then walked for 30 minutes with many stops along the way while the guide taught us about the forest and land and it was very fascinating to learn about the trees, bushes, animals and plant life along the way. got to the point you get in your tube and they had PILES of inner tubes already up there waiting for us. Butts Up has the NICE inner tubes with handles and back rests. got in the tubes and the guide clips all our tubes together and then the guide would tow us with a rope down the river. the flow of the river was very slow so they had to pull us along and steer us away from the rocks. Our guides name was "Speedy" He and his companion that drove us to the park were a RIOT. they had us in stitches all along the drive out to the park. The cave is one long cave with kind of an opening on one side half way through. He told us this is where cruise ship passengers tour ends and they get out and have to walk back to the parking lot. Buy directly through butts up website and you get to float the rest of the way through the cave and all the way to the first river crossing when your walking to the cave from the parking lot. get out of your tube and its a 2 minute walk back to the parking lot. get back in the van and they take you to their picnic spot and feed you amazing chicken tamales and rice and a water bottle. there's a bar right there at the picnic pavilion if you want beer, or mixed drink. back in the van and drive us back to the cruise port. after all this we still had 2 hours before last tender. So we wandered through the shops there at the dock and spent some money on souvenirs. we were never rushed and that was when our cruise ship was only in port for 8 hours. Our next cruise in April, Carnival Glory is now in Belize for 9 hours so even more time for cave tubing and shopping. You book through the cruise ship you may get the same price but you wont get the same tour or your moneys worth. Right now Buts Up Cave Tubing is having a sale on the cave tubing tour for only $35 pp. vs their normal price of $45 pp. Butts Up does this daily, they know when they have to have you back to the ship. their not going to be late. they'll just drive faster. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great info! We're going to Belize in about 2 weeks and this seems perfect. My only question is how high do you go in any part of this tour? I'm terrified of heights and want to see if I can go or just need to send everyone else. :) Thanks!

Thanks for all the great info! We're going to Belize in about 2 weeks and this seems perfect. My only question is how high do you go in any part of this tour? I'm terrified of heights and want to see if I can go or just need to send everyone else. :) Thanks!
With butts up, there was no heights throughout the walk.. but at the end, last I was there was only about 10 ft or less (if I remember correctly) from path to water level, with stairs leading to the dock.