El Yunque on embarkation day?

WiddyTwo

Hey everyone! Is there enough time for it to be worth it to go to El Yunque on embarkation day? Our flight arrives at 11:55am and we're on the Fascination so I'm pretty sure we could stay at the rainforest until closing at 6pm. I haven't found any excursions that leave In the afternoon so we would be renting a car. I'm not sure at this point if we would check-in at the ship first and then head out, or just get the car at the airport and lock our bags in the trunk for the day (suggestions?). Is the amount of time that we would spend there worth it with the drive?

I know we could just visit the forts and tour around OSJ but we also have a late flight home after the cruise so I was thinking of doing the forts on that day. Any other suggestions for things to do would be great. I'd also be up for a taxi tour if anyone knows if those are available at the port. Thanks!

We are on the Jewel in March, and we decided to do that on the day we get back. I didn't want to risk missing the ship if we ran late. There is an excursion in the Jewel that includes airport drop off for flights leaving after 3. For embarkation day, we are planning on going on a Segway tour in OSJ. It's 2 hrs and they will hold your bags for free. It's only 5 min from the pier

We have been to El Junque and really enjoyed the hike down to the waterfalls. It was several years ago, and we were staying in Puerto Rico for several days pre-cruise so I can't comment on the feasibility of doing this trip on arrival/embarkation day.

But, we did rent a car from the airport and returned it to the Sheraton Old San Juan right across the road from the cruise ships. I think it was Hertz. Something to consider if you do try and fit this in!

Hey everyone! Is there enough time for it to be worth it to go to El Yunque on embarkation day? Our flight arrives at 11:55am and we're on the Fascination so I'm pretty sure we could stay at the rainforest until closing at 6pm. I haven't found any excursions that leave In the afternoon so we would be renting a car. I'm not sure at this point if we would check-in at the ship first and then head out, or just get the car at the airport and lock our bags in the trunk for the day (suggestions?). Is the amount of time that we would spend there worth it with the drive?

I know we could just visit the forts and tour around OSJ but we also have a late flight home after the cruise so I was thinking of doing the forts on that day. Any other suggestions for things to do would be great. I'd also be up for a taxi tour if anyone knows if those are available at the port. Thanks!

You should do exactly what you wrote. Do not miss out on the time you have in PR. I only have experience with Island Marketing. I did el Yunque with an airport drop off and found it was the best decision i made for the time i had. There are others out there not sure on their minimums or costs.

The only thing i would do, depending on when your departing flight is, is switch your days. I would drop off my luggage and walk around town on arrival day (or tour from the airport to your ship). Then on departure day go to El Yunque with an airport drop off. I love these options, i no longer worry about how much extra time i have, i now tour during those times.........Just a thought:D

You should do exactly what you wrote. Do not miss out on the time you have in PR. I only have experience with Island Marketing. I did el Yunque with an airport drop off and found it was the best decision i made for the time i had. There are others out there not sure on their minimums or costs.

The only thing i would do, depending on when your departing flight is, is switch your days. I would drop off my luggage and walk around town on arrival day (or tour from the airport to your ship). Then on departure day go to El Yunque with an airport drop off. I love these options, i no longer worry about how much extra time i have, i now tour during those times.........Just a thought:D

Thanks for your opinion! I was thinking to go on embarkation day because I figured if they close at 6pm I'd have no problem getting back to the ship. You never know what can happen though, and I'd rather miss my flight home than miss the ship!

I think I've definitely decided we'll just wander OSJ on embarkation day and I'm going to leave it to my boyfriend decide what we do after we disembark. I'm lucky enough that I did a 10 day vacation in PR a few years ago and I split my stay between both sides of the island. Ive seen EL Yunque, so I'll just let him take the lead and see what he feels up to.