Information on White Bay

Cruiser Nonna

Our cruise for February has just changed to sail out of White Bay - not familiar with this terminal at all except they "ferry" to the ship - know that our checked pieces will go separately but is the "ferry" good size for a rollaboard carry on - or do they use ship tenders?

Anyone that has done this recently and any advice would be greatly appreciated - Thank you -

Ferry used to go from Circular Quay, it was fine for us 1 November but now goes from a different location, King Street Wharf, Barangaroo. Taxi would work much better now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by kobecat

So I am really not understanding this. Do we not board our cruise ship at the pier? Our cruise also departs from White Bay in March. Sounds like we drop our luggage and are tendered to our ship??:confused: We are on the 29-day circumnavigation cruise on Sun Princess departing March 7th, 2017.

So I am really not understanding this. Do we not board our cruise ship at the pier? Our cruise also departs from White Bay in March. Sounds like we drop our luggage and are tendered to our ship??:confused: We are on the 29-day circumnavigation cruise on Sun Princess departing March 7th, 2017.

No tender needed.

It's just one of the transport options to get to the cruise terminal.

No tender needed.

It's just one of the transport options to get to the cruise terminal.

So...we can take a taxi from CBD hotel direct to Princess check-in at pier, drop luggage and board the ship without the need for a ferry? Not only is this our first visit to Australia but it is also our first Princess cruise and I am finding some things a bit different than what we have experienced in the past. :)

So...we can take a taxi from CBD hotel direct to Princess check-in at pier, drop luggage and board the ship without the need for a ferry? Not only is this our first visit to Australia but it is also our first Princess cruise and I am finding some things a bit different than what we have experienced in the past. :)

Yes. No worries at all.

Please ask about anything that's troubling you.

Where are you staying? Then you may get even better advice.

Ferry used to go from Circular Quay, it was fine for us 1 November but now goes from a different location, King Street Wharf, Barangaroo. Taxi would work much better now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Except it's a pretty easy walk from Wynyard station through the new walkway.

Spot on.

Depending on hotel location taxi fare will probably be up to about $30AU. The taxi will drop you right at the main door of the terminal and check in is right inside. And you board the ship there at the terminal.

Spot on.

Depending on hotel location taxi fare will probably be up to about $30AU. The taxi will drop you right at the main door of the terminal and check in is right inside. And you board the ship there at the terminal.

Thank you.:)

Thank you so much for the clarification - I have been to Sydney before but we always docked right in the main area - and when I did the reading that the cruiseline (RCCL) sent - it did sound like we were taking a ferry/tender to the ship - so hopefully it is as you have all indicated that it is docked there and the reference to the Ferry was for reaching the terminal or going from the terminal to other places. . We will probably arrange a private car service as there are 3 of us and one has a walker so taxi's would not work - any other advice would be greatly appreciated - Thank you again -

Thank you so much for the clarification - I have been to Sydney before but we always docked right in the main area - and when I did the reading that the cruiseline (RCCL) sent - it did sound like we were taking a ferry/tender to the ship - so hopefully it is as you have all indicated that it is docked there and the reference to the Ferry was for reaching the terminal or going from the terminal to other places. . We will probably arrange a private car service as there are 3 of us and one has a walker so taxi's would not work - any other advice would be greatly appreciated - Thank you again -

Ah, your situation is exceptional. Unlike the other ships and general arrangement for White Bay, Radiance is not able to fit under the Harbour Bridge so will not be berthing at White Bay terminal.

In your case, you will check in at White Bay like others, but there is then a separate tender that will take you to/from the ship, which will be berthed in the Harbour, the other side of the Harbour Bridge.

Ah, your situation is exceptional. Unlike the other ships and general arrangement for White Bay, Radiance is not able to fit under the Harbour Bridge so will not be berthing at White Bay terminal.

In your case, you will check in at White Bay like others, but there is then a separate tender that will take you to/from the ship, which will be berthed in the Harbour, the other side of the Harbour Bridge.

Big M has hit the nail on the head, but the whole thread shows the importance of knowing all the information up front.

So....just to confirm, Sun Princess is able to fit under the harbour bridge and will berth at White Bay terminal which means we will just take a taxi to the terminal and board the ship there...no tendering involved.

Probably.

But sometimes she does use the OPT.

If your told White Bay, either taxi or Ferry to White Bay and board.

So....just to confirm, Sun Princess is able to fit under the harbour bridge and will berth at White Bay terminal which means we will just take a taxi to the terminal and board the ship there...no tendering involved.

Hi Mattie00

As per your signature if you are going on 7 March 2017, Sydney ports has Sun Princess at White Bay. It has Emerald Princess at the OPT (it can't fit under the bridge.)

this is a link to the sight for your information.

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

Hi Mattie00

As per your signature if you are going on 7 March 2017, Sydney ports has Sun Princess at White Bay. It has Emerald Princess at the OPT (it can't fit under the bridge.)

this is a link to the sight for your information.

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

I got muddled by the American date, was looking for 3 July, to check and couldn't find it.

Thank you for the additional information - so if I am to clearly have this in my brain - Radiance of the Seas February 9, 2017 - we will check in at White Bay Terminal but then will be put on a ??? Tender (ship type) or Ferry (bigger) to get to the ship ? Then we have to go up those stairs (as is the case when you tender somewhere else) - but we all have carry on luggage? Oh my - this is not sounding good.

We were on Solstice before (2013) (bigger ship than Radiance) so they must have changed where ships can dock.

In reality traveling with someone with mobility issues and a walker this could really be a challenge. If anyone has more information - please forward - think it better that we know everything sooner and get prepared.

Appreciate all your time - I had been so hopeful last night - Once we are on the ship - it will be great hopefully - Thank you again

Hi Nonna

The problem is that both the Radiance and Ovation are in Sydney that day.

It looks like they are giving the Ovation priority at the Overseas Passenger terminal at Circular Quay (where you would have previously docked on the Solstice).

For White Bay the ships have to go under the Harbour bridge. Radiance cannot fit.

It will be anchored in Sydney Harbour.

The will check you in at White Bay and then tender all passengers to the Radiance.

There is talk on the Australian/New Zealand board.

Will see if i can link it or you.

Hi all!

We're on the Maasdam leaving December 16th and it looks like it is at White Bay Terminal. We're staying at the Amora Jamison. What would the approx. cost of a taxi from there to White Bay be? Is that the best way to go? I'm traveling with my 79 year old mom so I don't want to overtax her.

Thanks!