Looking for your favorite excursion in Roatan and Belize.

smjlt

We are trying to put together our excursions for Roatan and Belize and looking for your favs. Cruise Critic has always given great advice and we have always found great things to do with your help! Thanks ahead of time!!

We booked a private excursion with Victor Bodden Tours in Roatan. Book it on their website and you can select what you want to see and what you don't. It was just us and our guide/driver, and he was most knowledgeable and accommodating with any requests we had along the way ("ooh, that's neat...pull over").

In Belize we have done cave tubing twice which is fun and very unique. In February we booked the excursion to Lamanai. Fabulous trip if you have any interest in Mayan ruins. The grounds and sites are spectacular. The boat ride up the river is a lot of fun as well and the provided lunch was excellent. Its a long day but very worth it!

In Roatan we did the Tabyana Beach Break through Carnival and enjoyed a really relaxing beach day.

in Belize we did the Cave Tubing on time, and the other did the River Cruise and Mayan Ruins. Both were excellent and a lot of fun.

Definitely Victor Bodden in Roatan. You can have a completely private tour for less than many tours you have to share with a lot of people. Google his website and see if you want to do one of his listed tours or a tour where you pick what you want to do. This was the best priced tour I've ever done and one of the best. We requested Tex and a day where both Tex and us could free for all the day. It was amazing. Doing it again in the fall 2018.

We booked a private excursion with Victor Bodden Tours in Roatan. Book it on their website and you can select what you want to see and what you don't. It was just us and our guide/driver, and he was most knowledgeable and accommodating with any requests we had along the way ("ooh, that's neat...pull over").

I have heard of this from ship mate. Reviews look great and a few great reviews from you all. I think this is what we will plan on. Thank you so much!

Anywhere special we shouldn't leave island without seeing?

Have a Favorite beach?

In Roatan we did the Tabyana Beach Break through Carnival and enjoyed a really relaxing beach day.

in Belize we did the Cave Tubing on time, and the other did the River Cruise and Mayan Ruins. Both were excellent and a lot of fun.

West Bay Beach is great, isn't it? Did you snorkel there?

We're considering a beach day in Belize. Any recommendations?

Belize is not a great place for a "beach" day. Most for adventure like cave tubing or snorkeling/scuba. If you want a beach day, you will need to hit up one of the excursions to an island or caye. Popular ones are Goff's Caye or Starfish Island.

Best excursion, in my opinion is Shark Ray Alley and Island excursion. Takes you to Caye Caulker island.

Roatan - we love using Rony Tours and do the private tour for the day. We go to West Bay Beach and snorkel from the beach there. West Bay Beach is the premier beach on the island and very beautiful. Snorkeling is amazing. There are bars and restaurants up and down the beach there. Cruise lines go here via Tabyana Beach Break. You can do Gumbalimba Park, zip line, go see sloths and monkeys, shop and eat in West End Village, etc. Lots of choices on Roatan.

I have heard of this from ship mate. Reviews look great and a few great reviews from you all. I think this is what we will plan on. Thank you so much!

Anywhere special we shouldn't leave island without seeing?

Have a Favorite beach?

Bodden Tours is great. Don't want to miss West Bay Beach. Just saw on the Travel Channel they are ranked #8 most beautiful beach in the world and the snorkeling is amazing down by the wall area (far end). If you like to zip line, Roatan is the place to do it. We like shopping over at West End Village as well. Sloth and Monkeys at Monkey Business or Daniel Johnson's Sloth Hangout is cool to check out as well.

We booked a tour through Daniel Johnson's Sloth and Monkey Hangout on facebook. We had our own guide, Tex, who I believe someone mentioned above. He drove us around and gave us a tour of the island then we went to the Monkey and Sloth hangout where we met the animals then went snorkeling from there. Tex showed us a few more awesome things on the island and even took us to a pharmacy when requested. The tour info said we would visit a resort to have lunch (not included) but we opted to eat back on the ship. It was only $45 a person and I highly recommend it!

We've toured with Rony's Tours many times. He is fabulous. He will make sure you have an incredible day. He is soooo friendly and reliable. Lots to do in Roatan - monkeys, sloths, iguanas, glass-bottom boat, snorkeling, super zip lines, and gorgeous beaches. Rony can plan a day perfect for you!!!

A few years ago we had Victor Bodden. Great time. We did ziplining and saw monkeys. I'm curious where we were though. Zipling and Monkeys were at the same location. We played with monkeys first. Was that Daniel Johnson's place or was it somewhere else. We just told Victor we wanted to zip, but not sure of the place he took us to. Anyone know???

• 1 month later...