cab and/or bus from Maho to Orient?

morey_board

We are trying to do both Maho and Orient during the same day, has anyone done this? Did you take a cab, or bus? Do Maho first then Orient or vice versa? I know bigger (not the big big planes) come in Maho in the afternoon, but we are trying to get both in our one day.

Thanks in advance.

We are trying to do both Maho and Orient during the same day, has anyone done this? Did you take a cab, or bus? Do Maho first then Orient or vice versa? I know bigger (not the big big planes) come in Maho in the afternoon, but we are trying to get both in our one day.

Thanks in advance.

Orient via taxi from port (20-25min)and then taxi to Maho (probably 50 min) and you can take a taxi back or you could take a $2 bus back from Maho and then walk 15 minutes from the town to the ship.

Unfortunately, due to issues with the cruise line's website, I don't have access to that information!

It appears that you are on the Equinox, arriving August 24th. Port time 7-5.

The only Orient excursions that I see on their website are SM25 and SM06.

They both leave at 10:00.

The first one is listed as six hours, returning you to the ship at 4:00, probably just 30 minutes before all-aboard.

The second is 4:30 hours, so back to the ship at 2:30. I don't think you could make it to Maho by 3:00, which is the time that I recommend being out of there, headed back to the ship.

There are also scheduled bridge openings at 3:00 and 4:00.

I wouldn't plan on doing Maho.

gary

Probably the best way to do both is to do Maho first, then Orient. While you probably would not see the larger planes early in the day, you would have to plan on leaving Maho by about 3:00 if you did Orient first - because of the heavy PM traffic. If you did Maho first, you could probably hang out at Orient until about 4:00 and still make your ship - essentially getting about an hour more.

It appears that you are on the Equinox, arriving August 24th. Port time 7-5.

The only Orient excursions that I see on their website are SM25 and SM06.

They both leave at 10:00.

The first one is listed as six hours, returning you to the ship at 4:00, probably just 30 minutes before all-aboard.

The second is 4:30 hours, so back to the ship at 2:30. I don't think you could make it to Maho by 3:00, which is the time that I recommend being out of there, headed back to the ship.

There are also scheduled bridge openings at 3:00 and 4:00.

I wouldn't plan on doing Maho.

gary

We are doing the Sea & See Tour - 10:30 - 2PM. Ship is in port from 8 to 5PM. So, we will be back to the ship at 2PM, I believe. I will gladly take your advise whether it's feasible or not! Is Maho walking distance from where the ships dock?

Is Maho walking distance from where the ships dock?

Not unless you can run a 4-minute mile. Maho Beach is 8.8 miles from the cruise terminal, so walking is not an option. If the all-aboard is at 4:30, I don't see any way you can make it to Maho and back, especially since traffic coming back to Philipsburg can be heavy in the afternoon.

Not unless you can run a 4-minute mile. Maho Beach is 8.8 miles from the cruise terminal, so walking is not an option. If the all-aboard is at 4:30, I don't see any way you can make it to Maho and back, especially since traffic coming back to Philipsburg can be heavy in the afternoon.

Ha! Don't I wish! :D Thanks so much for this info! We'll just have to save it for the next time!!