Barranchina's is safe for luggage?

Smokeeater2

I understand that an option out there after your final day at sea, but before your 4pm flight is to go to Barranchina's and you can leave your luggage there safely while you walk around the Old town area?

I get you have to eat there I'm sure, but is there any other cost to this? And how safe is it?

I won't know what to say to Customs people when they ask "have you been with your bags the whole time?"

We left ours there all day and had no problems while we did a walking tour...well, my buddy and I went for a walk. The wives searched for and found the Coach store. We did tip the attendant when we picked up our bags.

We also ate there, but it wasn't necessary. Barranchina's claim to fame is the original Pina Colada.

We left ours there all day and had no problems while we did a walking tour...well, my buddy and I went for a walk. The wives searched for and found the Coach store. We did tip the attendant when we picked up our bags.

We also ate there, but it wasn't necessary. Barranchina's claim to fame is the original Pina Colada.

Ok

What did you say to customs people? I still have to arrive in Canada...you're from FL it says on profile. Maybe that's different

You don't have to eat there. We also walked around and then tried to uber to airport and ended up getting a taxi (uber driver couldn't find barrachinas) to airport for a 2pm flight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Had an Uber driver tell us they don't like to pick up there as there is a taxi stand at the end of the block and apparently they are routinely threatened.

• 5 weeks later...
I wouldn't say anything to customs. Over the years literally thousands of people have left their bags there with no reported problems.

And it is as good as anywhere to have lunch :)

Is it expensive to do this? We planned to do some site seeing after we got off our ship as we have a late flight but I didn't think about the logistics of carrying our luggage around with us 😅

Is it expensive to do this? We planned to do some site seeing after we got off our ship as we have a late flight but I didn't think about the logistics of carrying our luggage around with us 😅

It is free to leave your luggage. It is in a locked room. There is a tip jar on the counter. You are not required to eat there.

Don't know how you could possibly leave your luggage there without ordering (at least one) Pina Colada from Barranchina's.

Haven't looked at their menu but I imagine we will eat there prior to setting off to site seeing or at least, a pina colada :).