San Diego Hotel Reservation

teacher06

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel with Airport pick up prior to taking HAL Cruise. I stayed at a Best Western a few years ago that was reasonable and convenient with Airport pick up. I remember there was a shopping plaza just behind the Hotel. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank You

I like the Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway but it can be hard to get. For my next SD cruise I'm booked at the new Hilton Garden Inn on Pacific Highway just a little ways from the Hampton and right next to Little Italy.

Roz

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

I like the Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway but it can be hard to get. For my next SD cruise I'm booked at the new Hilton Garden Inn on Pacific Highway just a little ways from the Hampton and right next to Little Italy.

Roz

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

I second this.....I'm not sure how far in advance you are arriving in SD, but you can take the trolley to the Gaslamp district as well as Old Town. Little Italy is fun to browse thru as well. My suggestion is find any hotel/motel that is located next to a trolley stop and that way you have lots of fun options to visit.

Or just walk. The distance from the cruise pier to Horton Plaza (middle of downtown) is less than a mile.

igraf

I second this.....I'm not sure how far in advance you are arriving in SD, but you can take the trolley to the Gaslamp district as well as Old Town. Little Italy is fun to browse thru as well. My suggestion is find any hotel/motel that is located next to a trolley stop and that way you have lots of fun options to visit.

We found prices vary a lot depending on time of year, events, etc. When we were embarking in SD in late September the prices were very high for the BW, $300+ even months in advance, so we booked Urban Boutique for one night. I loved their airport transfer process. Our $90 king bed room included breakfast and the SuperShuttle transfer from the airport by voucher. No calling the hotel and waiting for their van to arrive, them trying to find you... Just walk out to the SS dispatcher and be put on the next van out. The van driver called the hotel and we were the first drop-off. The desk clerk walked out to the van to give the driver the voucher and helped us inside with our luggage. We were up the hill from the train tracks so no train noise overnight.

The hotel is small, good for a one night stay. Exceptionally clean but no bells and whistles. They included bottled water in our room, fast WiFi, large HD flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed, micro and frig. We walked 2 blocks to Little Italy for dinner. We walked/rolled our way to the pier in the morning after breakfast, 3 blocks across, 3 blocks down - may not be for everyone but easy enough to get an Uber or Taxi if needed.

I hope you find what works for you. This was perfect for us. m--