Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Holland America Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holland America Line
Read thousands of Holland America Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Holland America Cruise Deals

How to Organize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Board Your Holland America Cruise

NEW! Find Your HOLLAND AMERICA Roll Call

Old July 15th, 2004, 12:10 AM
5,000+ Club

Default String Quartet on Veendam

Are the Rosarios back on the Veendam....or do they have the Champagne Strings?

Sean

Old July 15th, 2004, 07:48 AM
5,000+ Club

So no one has been on the Veendam recently??

Old July 15th, 2004, 07:50 AM
5,000+ Club

Sean - I have not seen much on the Veendam....I have been looking. I am sailing her next month, what about you?? There was one cruiser recently back. I'll try to find the post, and bump it up.

Marie

Last edited by FlorenceItaly; July 15th, 2004 at 08:25 AM.

Old July 15th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

According to the guy in Seattle who books the entertainment, Rosario and Champagne Strings are generic terms for string groups booked by HAL. Rosario members are Filipino, Champagne members are European.

So, you won't necessarily see an old friend in either group as neither group really exists.

Old July 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

The last time we were on the Veendam they had the Canterbury strings, a trio from England...not bad but I prefer the other string quartets or trios....jean

Old July 16th, 2004, 12:15 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknick
According to the guy in Seattle who books the entertainment, Rosario and Champagne Strings are generic terms for string groups booked by HAL. Rosario members are Filipino, Champagne members are European.

So, you won't necessarily see an old friend in either group as neither group really exists.
When I had the Rosarios (Filipino) on the Ryndam, I really enjoyed them. When I had the Champagne Strings (Volendam, Amsterdam), I didn't like them at all. They were much more like background music than the Rosario Strings, who made every song recognizable.
The Champagne Strings were mainly middle eastern when I saw them. But I have heard there was a Pollish group that was very good under the Champagne name.
Maybe I could e-mail HAL and find out if I have something to look forward to as far as music.