Circle C on Elation

Nadersmom

DH and I went on our first cruise last November with 2 other couples. We loved it!

We are now looking into planning our next one around the same time. Actually, we are looking at exact same cruise at pretty much the same time. However, we all will be taking our kids this time. My son and his cousins will all fall into the 12-14 age range and I believe that is the Circle C . Is that correct?

I understand that they can come and go as they please at Circle C, but that we have to go the first evening for orientation. Does anyone know what time that is usually done? We will be doing early dining and a few posts that I've read make it sound like the two times interlap. Is this true?

We didn't find the orientation helpful at all...but that was the Magic. You don't have to go...you just need to get the kids signed up. It was more helpful to us to catch a counselor and ask a few questions. Your kids should go to the first night to meet others though. I guess it just depends on your comfort level. Yes, they come and go. Insist on a buddy system

OK, good. I was under the impression that you were required to go to the orientation, which would be fine, but I didnt want it to interfere with early dining time. We don't want late dining, and I prefer not to do My Time Dining either. With the group going in 20 different directions, dinner time will be the one time per day we can all be certain we are together to talk about our day and spend time together as a group.

But if you arent required to go then I guess it doesnt matter, though agreed, I want to go in and meet counselers, ect and sign him up. Can you do that immediatly upon boarding? or do you wait until after the ship sails?

Regarding buddy system, you are absolutely right. It wil be MANDATORY that our son is never anywhere by himself. I'm uncertain about my nephews views with his kids, but I am assuming it will be the same. We intend to take walkie talkies and will have very strict rules about him not going top anyone's cabin and check in times. He will also be very upset when he learns he will not be able to go anywhere without an adult after 9 pm or so ;)

Do you know how late Circle was open with activities?

Orientation is usually done at 5:15

with an ice breaker for the teens later in the evening.

Although its not manatory for kids to head to the orientation-

for this age group I think it should be.

12-14 is a hard group.

these kids are too cool- even for themselves.

kids this age tend not to participate in the programing but hang out together all week.

That is why getting together with those kids sailing with you the first night is important-- the clicks, er I mean groups form and they do their own thing

depends on when you want to cruise-- the begining of November will have a lot less kids sailing compared to the end of Nov.

Just a heads up, the sign up and orientation took place in the main theater when we were on elation in July. This was listed no where and there were no signs, the fun times made it look like you were to go to circle c itself but there was no one there at the appointed time. There were several groups of confused families wandering for about a half hour, crew we asked had no idea. We finally stumbled in late when the orientation presentation was ending. It was very frustrating. Hopefully they will have it listed in the correct location on your cruise but if you can't find them go there first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You can print out the registration forms from Carnival's site, and all you have to do is walk by the orientation at 5:15 and hand them the papers, then go on about your day. If you miss orientation, you can swing by the meet and greet location for Circle C that evening after dinner (I'm sure your child will want to attend) and you can give them the paperwork then.

I went on the Elation in June 2012. The cruise was great and the food was really good!

I have scanned in a copy of the Elation's Circle C Activity Newsletter:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ud6H_AN2OSZnF1S1U1ZWFFajQ/edit?pli=1

I also have a cruise review website and am linking to a copy of my Elation 2012 review. It contains pictures and can help you see what the ship looks like:

http://www.rygscruisereview.net/20124daypage.html

I hope this information helps and have a great cruise! I think you should go to the orientation meeting on the first day because I think it is harder to register later in the cruise because Circle C is constantly doing activities around the ship.

You can print out the registration forms from Carnival's site, and all you have to do is walk by the orientation at 5:15 and hand them the papers, then go on about your day. If you miss orientation, you can swing by the meet and greet location for Circle C that evening after dinner (I'm sure your child will want to attend) and you can give them the paperwork then.

FYI: the kids registration portion of Carnival's website is not working. :( Nine freaking months and it still doesn't work! Seriously?!? Oh well. :rolleyes: I talked to a PVP and she said it would take just a minute when on the ship to fill out the necessary documents for the kids program registration.

Orientation is usually done at 5:15

with an ice breaker for the teens later in the evening.

Although its not manatory for kids to head to the orientation-

for this age group I think it should be.

12-14 is a hard group.

these kids are too cool- even for themselves.

kids this age tend not to participate in the programing but hang out together all week.

That is why getting together with those kids sailing with you the first night is important-- the clicks, er I mean groups form and they do their own thing

depends on when you want to cruise-- the begining of November will have a lot less kids sailing compared to the end of Nov.

You are so right LOL. I lost my "cool factor" with my son the minute he turned 10.

So, if it starts at 5:15, how long does it last? Will it be over prior to 6pm dining time?

I hadnt thought about the time factor of the cruise. You're right, there shouldnt be many kids in the beginning of November.

Just a heads up, the sign up and orientation took place in the main theater when we were on elation in July. This was listed no where and there were no signs, the fun times made it look like you were to go to circle c itself but there was no one there at the appointed time. There were several groups of confused families wandering for about a half hour, crew we asked had no idea. We finally stumbled in late when the orientation presentation was ending. It was very frustrating. Hopefully they will have it listed in the correct location on your cruise but if you can't find them go there first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Good to know. Thanks so much for the heads up

That's very helpful info! Thanks. In fact I think I'd rather fill it out ahead of time. This sounds like the way to go

I went on the Elation in June 2012. The cruise was great and the food was really good!

I have scanned in a copy of the Elation's Circle C Activity Newsletter:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ud6H_AN2OSZnF1S1U1ZWFFajQ/edit?pli=1

I also have a cruise review website and am linking to a copy of my Elation 2012 review. It contains pictures and can help you see what the ship looks like:

http://www.rygscruisereview.net/20124daypage.html

I hope this information helps and have a great cruise! I think you should go to the orientation meeting on the first day because I think it is harder to register later in the cruise because Circle C is constantly doing activities around the ship.

We were on the Elation last November. Loved it. But we never did go look at the Circle C or C02 area. Thanks so much for the links!!

Had to-

my grand daughter was VERY disappointed at her activities compared to a list I showed her from a month earlier--nothing was the same.

So I make sure people are aware that the programing is not set in stone

Archived