Do you have to give credit card info to book private tour?

ronjohn

No you don't have to give your credit card information to book a tour in Egypt especially that there are travel agencies here on cc (Ramses tours, Memphis tours , Egypt shore excursions) that accept payment at end of tour

Memphis wanted 25% payment upfront. We decided not to use them even though they had the best rate at a couple of hotels we had asked about and Ramses could not match the price on at least one (Fairmont).

• 3 weeks later...

If credit card payment is acceptable method of payment for the tour company, yes it is okay. Think of it this way... you give out your credit card number to secure your reservation at a hotel and to rent a car. The tour operator is a business and some accept cc's, others use Paypal and majority may ask for security deposit to gaurantee and secure your seating.

I prefer to pay deposit because we went to Alexandria on a cruise a couple yrs ago, i set up private tour for husband and i, received email confirmation thought we were good to go. They didnt show up, had to hire taxi, its a 3 hour drive each way to pyramids, kind of spoiled the day with no guide as we were only there til 9 pm. She had written emails after we left for trip, was unable to get email (ships internet is way too slow and way too expensive. So i checked email at port in turkey, replied told her, yes please be there, well be stranded. Checked next day n greece, no reply, sent another msg begging them to be there, no reply. Anyway she told me she needed confirmation, told her i had one from her, she said well ppl dont show up, i said we would have been happy to pay deposit to secure it if she was worried but was too late.

Anyway, sorry so long, just wanted u to see what can happen.

we r going back in nov, our cruise critic group have set up tours with ramses with no deposit but i know theyre big and will show up. We have one scheduled for haifa, israel that required %30 deposit, i paid it gladly just to know itll mean a stress free day.

Have a great time,

Happy sailing,

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

Some tour companies require it, some don't.

There is risk on both sides...

they send driver/guide and you don't show...

You give deposit and they don't show...

Didn't catch where you are from, but if in the US, you are not liable if it's fraudulent on your CC.

I have done dozens of private tours, some require full pre-pay, some require deposit, some are full payment at end. In all cases i have never had a bad experience with any company/guide.

Archived