Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Africa & Middle East

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old November 13th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Nile Cruisetour - Any optionos for group of 3 besides single supplement?

Mums has determined this is the year she wishes to go on a Nile/Egypt cruisetour. She will be 81 and wants to bring along her two daughters (51 and 47). So far I contacted Uniworld to see if there are any ships with cabins that can handle three people (assume some family groups of three must plan Nile trips) and they told me the only option with them was to split off one person into a single supplement cabin. My Mum and I wouldn't mind sharing a bed, and I'm sure my sister wouldn't mind a bunk or something, if it would bring us all together.
Has anyone found any solutions that worked for this or know of any providers that would accommodate a group of three close adults?

14Feb09 AncientEgypt & NileRiver w/GCT on RiverAnuket (Mums & Sool from Maryland & daughter/sister Mollie from Arizona)
10May09 Baltimore to E.Caribbean RT on Carnival Pride (Sool w/Greg on his cruise#2, no Mums)
Past: Separately, Mums cruised to Alaska(’94RegalPrincess), PacificIsles(‘96MonarchOTS-RC), & NZ/Australia(‘03RegalPrincess), and Sool cruised w/Greg to Bermuda('08GrandeurOTS-RC). Together, we've cruised PanamaCanal(‘95Star), Amazon(‘98Royal), Mediterranean(‘99Grand), BritishIsles w/S.England PreCruise(2000Royal), BalticSea w/Switzerlalnd PreCruise(‘01Crown), Beijing to Bangkok w/Beijing/Xian/Yangtze PreCruise (‘07Sapphire), Norwegian Fjords w/2+PostCruise London days on our own('08Grand) (all on Princess), W.Caribbean(’03) & Mediterranean w/2 PostCruise days in Rome on our own(’06) (both on Galaxy-Celebrity), Danube(‘04RiverPrincess-Uniworld), journeyed to Kenya (‘02Elderhostel), Kauai(’05Condo), along with our yearly CapeMay jaunt, for the Sherlock Holmes mystery weekend (in our victorian outfits), a LasVegas trip for a wedding & StPaul/Minneapolis,MN visit('06), and a new yearly pop over to Ocean City, MD, w/Greg or family.
Future?: We would love to see Australia, but we're always ready to go just about anywhere. Doggie travel is relatively new for us – we had just started with 'little girl', Lady Daphne, who left us July 13th of 2007, and are now working with our ‘little boy’, Lord Buckingham “Bucky”, who appears to get stressed easily when we leave him, so it may be a while before he can accompany us to Cape May--At least we've found a great place for him to stay when we are gone.
Interests: Sool is ALWAYS snapping photos everywhere we go. Mums loves seeing everything, and is an avid reader & sudoku player. Both love playing trivia -- on cruises & weekly NTN games. Doggie loves to smell & taste.

Old November 14th, 2008, 11:28 AM
5,000+ Club

Send an email to my friend Hazem, owner of Nile Blue Tours. Ask him if he knows of a ship that has cabins for 3. If such a thing exists, he will know. info@nilebluetours.com. Tell him Rita told you to email.
BVI-RoyalStarClipper-Barbados,StBarts,NormanIsland, VirginGorda,Antigua,StKitts,IlesdesSaintes,Dominic a,StLucia
CARIBBEAN:
Bahamas-Magica/Fascination/Imagination/MajestyOfTheSeas/Century/Caribbean/Skyx4/Ruby/AllureOfTheSeas
East-Star-FtLaud,SanJuan,Tortola,StThomas,GrdCayman
South-Ocean(old)-Barbados,StLucia,StMartin, StThomas,Antigua/Emerald-PCay,StThomas,Dominica,Grenada,Bonaire,Aruba
West-Grand/Ruby/Crown/Dawn-Roatan,OchoRios,GrCayman,Cozumel,PCay
CHINA-Century Sun-Shanghai,Yangtze,Xian,Beijing
EGYPT-MS Nile Dolphin-Cairo,Luxor,Edfu,Aswan,AbuSimbel
MED-Star-Rome,Naples,Athens,Ephesus,Istanbul,Cairo,Alexandr ia
PanCANAL-Coralx2-CostaMaya,GrdCayman,Limon,Colon
SoAMERICA-Star-Rio,Montevideo,BuenosAires,Falklands, CapeHorn,PuntaArenas,Valparaiso,Coquimbo,Callao,Ma nta,Puntarenas,SanJuandelSur,Manzanillo,Cabo,SanFr an
TAHITI-TahitianB2B-Papeete,Marquesas,Society,CookIslands
TransATLANTIC-Star-Rome,Livorno,Genoa,Cannes,Barcelona,Cadiz,Tangiers ,Gibralter,Madeira,FtLaud
GREEK ISLANDS- Holland America Ryndam - Athens to Istanbul

Old November 18th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nile Cruisetour - Any optionos for group of 3 besides single supplement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeGone View Post
Send an email to my friend Hazem, owner of Nile Blue Tours. Ask him if he knows of a ship that has cabins for 3. If such a thing exists, he will know. info@nilebluetours.com. Tell him Rita told you to email.
Thanks, Rita. I eMailed Hazem, as you suggested, and he responded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazem of Nile Blue Tours
About the triple room it is available on board most of the cruise ships , But the triple room based on 2 beds and and opened sofa , if that is fine with you ,
I wonder why the contact at Uniworld told me we would only be able to get a cabin for two with plus another cabin for the third party with a single supplement...
I checked their site to see what ships they use, and here is what they say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniworld site
(from 1st Nile Cruisetour MS Giselle...for your Nile River cruise...also sail onboard the MS Prince Abbas...as you travel ...Abu Simbel (& 2nd Nile CruisetourMS Miriam
Perhaps other CC folks have some prior experience with them that could shed some light.

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default accommdations for 3

You might want to check with Uniworld about the new ship that is coming out in Apr. of 2009. I don't know when you are planning to cruise but this ship, called the River Tosca, has suite type rooms with the smallest being 313 sq. ft. They also have 2 very large Presidential suites. I would think there was a way to have 3 people in the room and not pay the single supplement, which is usually outrageous!
Hope this helps.
micked10