Port Canaveral Liquor Stores?

KrystalWaters

Hi,

We are staying at the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. We are coming from the airport on a Friday.

Are there any liquor stores that sell wine nearby or on our way to Port Canaveral? Are there any liquor stores we should avoid due to price, quality, customer service, etc...? What time do the liquor stores close in the area?

We will have access to a car. I tried a search for the topic but the results were from 2010 and I know some things do change.:p

Edited by KrystalWaters

There is a Publix Liquors about 1/2 mile from your hotel towards Cocoa Beach. They have about anything you would want at decent prices. You can also get other things you may need in the Publix Super Market next door.

Most Publix are open until at least 10pm. The liquor store may or may not be open on Sunday depending on Liquor Laws in the area. We are open here in Gainesville on Sunday.

Edited by Vidimom

• 2 years later...
Hi,

We are staying at the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. We are coming from the airport on a Friday.

Are there any liquor stores that sell wine nearby or on our way to Port Canaveral? Are there any liquor stores we should avoid due to price, quality, customer service, etc...? What time do the liquor stores close in the area?

We will have access to a car. I tried a search for the topic but the results were from 2010 and I know some things do change.:p

Thanks for asking the question! I just did a search for this info, and your question at cruise critic was featured. I thought "duh"--should have stayed there instead of googling. We are flying in to MCO, and it is our plan to find a liquor store in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area, and just bring our bottles with us to the Cape. I was suspicious that prices in the area would be high, as it is a fairly "captive audience", lol. Publix does sound like an ok option, though. Hoping someone else pops in with a definitive answer.

Thanks for asking the question! I just did a search for this info, and your question at cruise critic was featured. I thought "duh"--should have stayed there instead of googling. We are flying in to MCO, and it is our plan to find a liquor store in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area, and just bring our bottles with us to the Cape. I was suspicious that prices in the area would be high, as it is a fairly "captive audience", lol. Publix does sound like an ok option, though. Hoping someone else pops in with a definitive answer.

We have found the Publix in Cocoa Beach to be a good option for wine. Prices are not out of line at all.

There is another thread on this subject that has been open with active responses within the last 24 hrs.

Cape Canaveral Liquors is 0.8 miles away from your hotel at 8177 N Atlantic Ave. There is also ABC liquors (a large chain liquor store in Florida, that will probably have the best pricing and selection in the area) that is about 1.9 miles from your hotel, at 6020 N Atlantic Ave.

ABC's prices may be found on their website: http://www.abcfws.com/home.jsp All types of liquors / all size bottles.

Cape Canaveral Liquors has a website as well here: http://www.capecanaveralliquors.com/home.html However, pricing is only available for the most common types of liquors and in 750 ml bottles only.

Edited by loanshark

Someone else mentioned Publix, which is actually about 2 miles away. (on the opposite site of the street, and slightly further down from ABC Liquors. The address for Publix is 5645 N Atlantic Ave.

Edited by loanshark

I'm a local

Publix and local independent liq' stores tend to have the highest prices in the area ...

ABC is usually less and ABC has a MUCH better selection of wine then Publix and most local stores (ABC regular price is typically below Publix "specials") {ABC Cape C' is open to 11 Fri Sat and 10 other days}

better prices are at Total Wine but that's a bit south, just off I-95 at exit 191 ... if not familiar, selection is HUGE.

8000 wines, 2500 beers, same hours as ABC

{I'm not sure how local stores are staying in business since TW opened . . . folks unwilling to drive far I guess}

BEST prices, if you have access, is the Class 6 at Patrick AFB ... the wine selection is not huge but the prices can't be beat.

Edited by Capt_BJ

...better prices are at Total Wine but that's a bit south, just off I-95 at exit 191 ... if not familiar, selection is HUGE. ....

Agree 100%. Great store, and well worth the drive if one has the time and enjoys wine.