Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
G&L Roll CallsRules for Posting
- No advertising of group cruises.
- No "looking for" type posts.
-Try browsing for an existing date before you post!
Suggested format for Subject Lines:
Cruise Line | Ship Name | Sail Date | Nifty or cute saying of some sort :)
It's changed now since that list as Grey Goose is now in the package!
Norwegian Epic - Sept '14 7nt West Med Independence of the Seas - May '14 6nt France/Spain Norwegian Spirit - Mar '14 9nt Canary/Morocco Norwegian Getaway - Jan '14 sampler Norwegian Epic - October '13 13nt westbound transatlantic Norwegian Epic - Sep '13 7nt west med Norwegian Breakaway - May 13 7nt Inaugural Transatlantic Norwegian Epic - October '12 13nt Westbound Transatlantic Norwegian Epic - Apr/May '12 7nt West Med Norwegian Epic - May/Jun '11 7nt West Med Independence of the Seas - Dec '10 11nt Canaries Ocean Village 1 - Aug '10 7nt West Med Ocean Village 2 - Apr '09 7nt Maiden East Med Pyramids Ocean Village 1 - Jan '08 14nt Central Americas; April '07 17nt Trans Atlantic Barbados-Crete; May '06 14nt West Med; May '05 14nt West Med
As it stands at present, Friday is forecast to be 85% chance of rain in the morning 15% in the afternoon with a max temp of only 23ºC, Saturday (when I arrive) is forecast to be 55% chance of rain in the morning 35% in the afternoon again with a max temp of just 23ºC. Sunday is forecast to be 35% chance of rain (most likely an afternoon thunderstorm) with a max temp of 23ºC. Autumn has arrived!
Also please allow me to make a restaurant recommendation. Restaurants in the centre of Barcelona can be rather expensive especially on Las Ramblas or close to Plaça Catalunya. A couple of weeks ago I had Rte. La Rita in Carrer Arago (close to Plaça Catalunya) recommended to me and it turned out to be very good with excellent food and prices. The only negative is the fact that it does not take reservations and is very popular, so if you do not arrive soon after it opens at 20:30hrs you can end up waiting in a queue. http://www.grupandilana.com/en/restaurants/la-rita-restaurant
Just 4 days to go!!! I look forward to meeting you all at the first informal get together, probably at 19hrs in Shakers.
NCLCrown Feb'06 (South America)(Excellent)
NCL Crown Oct'06 (New York to Valparaiso)(Excellent)
NCL Star Dec'07 (Mexican Riviera)(Not so good)
NCL Jade Jan'09 (Eastern Med)(Great!)
NCL Jewel Sept'09 (TransAt)(Great)
Indep of the Seas May'10 (Western Med)(Awful ship, overcrowded)
Adv of the Seas Nov'10 (Med & Canaries)(Good)
Rhapsody of the Seas Jan'11 (New Zealand)(Good ship, good itinerary, worst enter/act)
NCL Epic Oct'11 (Transat)(Fab fun)
MSC Splendida Feb'12 (Med)(Exc ship,best cabin ever.Food bit bland restaurant crowded)
NCL Epic April'12(Tranat)(Fab Fun again)
Nav of the Seas Nov'12(TransAt) (Ship tired the enter/act hit and miss. Overall enjoyable)
NCL Breakaway April'13(TransAt) Excellent addition to NCL fleet. Outstanding entertainment activities.
Celeb Equinox Sept'13 (Venice,Adriatic) Beautiful ship, wonderful dining,boring after dinner!!!!
NCL Epic Oct'13 (Westbound TA) Everything about it great most fun ever.
NCL Spirit Feb'14 (Western Med & Atlantic Islands) Another outstanding NCL cruise with the best enter ever.
NCL Epic May'14 (Western Med) Wonderful again
MSC Magnifica Sept'14 (HAM to SOU) Beautiful ship.Bland Food