A Taste of Key West Excursion? Any Comments?

kicker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DH and I did this the first time we were in Key West. We both loved it. In fact, we retraced our steps on our honeymoon last summer!

It's a walking tour and the guides are super friendly and personable. We had a guide named Brian. As we walked, he told us a lot about the area, and a bunch of historical things.

Our first stop was to a hotel restaurant, sort of like a beach shack along the water. We got chicken skewers and friend coconut shrimp. I want to say maybe a few conch fritters too (but I'm not 100% sure). You were able to purchase drinks at this venue as well (which were STRONG!). Try the rum punch -fabulous!

The next stop was for Key Lime pie dipped in chocolate on a stick I believe. We stopped at Kermit's for this. Fantastic! I wasn't a key lime pie fan but since then, I adore it.

*****Just saw you already sailed. Hope you went on the tour!

Last stop was at Peppers of Key West for a hot sauce tasting. LOVED this place. I'm not a fan of hot things/sauce but the place's energy was FUN! The store's workers were hilarious and just so hospitable.

We really enjoyed the tour. I think you will too if you do it. You learn a bunch of history and really get to experience some of the Key West "flavor."

Edited by d4nigirl
oopsies!