Luggage Tags

chrislo

This is a dumb question and I know I should know the answer but do we put the carnival luggage tags on after we land or can we put them on before hand without confusing the airline baggage handler.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always put them on in the morning prior to heading to port. That way they don't tear off during airport baggage handling.

I always put them on before going to the port. I pack a small stapler to attach them after getting off the airplane. This way it won't tear off during the loading/unloading of an aircraft and it won't confuse the baggage handlers that have to handle baggage going to other airplanes for people who aren't flying direct.

I don't like the thought of them getting damaged or torn off during airport handling. We put the cruise tags in an outer pouch of the luggage. When we pick up the luggage from the airport baggage claim, we remove the airline tags and can easily reach the cruise tags to put them on.

I always put them on before going to the port. I pack a small stapler to attach them after getting off the airplane. This way it won't tear off during the loading/unloading of an aircraft and it won't confuse the baggage handlers that have to handle baggage going to other airplanes for people who aren't flying direct.

Thanks for the stapler idea! I'll be packing my mini one for next week!

There's a very good YouTube video on how to prepare your luggage tags using packing tape. I followed this on our last cruise....and when boarding ship the baggage handlers needed to change them.....they had a dickens of a time removing them....lol. I will certainly be following that same method on my next cruise.

I use these for the cruise luggage tags and they work very well:

Royal/Celebrity:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...g=cruisetag-20

Carnival/Princess/Holland:

Here's another item that might be helpful:

Shower caddy:

I would never trust just folding paper and stapling them on, especially after I saw a couple of tags blowing through the parking lot at Jacksonville one time.....:eek:. At the very least I would use the wide packing tape to reinforce.

If you have no other choice I would highly suggest you also put an extra tag "inside" your luggage so in case it gets rips off they can find you more easily.

Happy Sailing!!!!

On my August Cruise tour in Alaska, I put our luggage tags on at home. I use a stapler to secure the edges, and then put clear 2" packaging tape around them, maybe 3 strips.

Well, the bags went through 2 airlines, 4 hotels and handling every night as our land tour progressed from Anchorage to Whittier/Seward for departure. The tags were still intact and quite readable. Maybe a few crinkles, but a few staples and clear tape worked wonders. Never had to deploy the extra set I had printed for "just in case."

I pack my tags and a small roll of packing tape. Before going to port, tear piece of tape longer than length of tag and run tape the length of tag and leftover to attach it around luggage handle and other end of tag. Never had a problem

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app