Explorer sailing this week--anyone heard?

PBNJ620

No word. My parents and many of their friends and cousins are on the ship now celebrating their 35th anniversary. I'm looking for any information I can find, but the last ship update was 11 hours ago. The RCCL site had no information at all.

I'm sure the Captain has requested that all passengers stay put in their cabins. Plus I don't know but, can they lose satellite connection ? I feel for you.

Saying prayers for everyone!

Was this ship out of Baltimore to Bermuda?

If so..did they make it there at all?

Cape Liberty, NJ to Bermuda and yes they made it out and headed south on time. And yes, they can lose satellite connections, it happens a lot when there is weather or a gap in coverage. Ever have satellite tv? We have and heavy rain interrupts the signal. I'm sure everything is fine.

I don't understand the reports. Why didn't they head straight out, way out to sea and if need be, blow off Bermuda? I mean if they started out heading almost transatlantic toward England wouldn't they be completely out of harms way? I mean if I was a passenger I wouldn't care if they said we cannot make to Bermuda. but are gonna stay safe way out at sea? Is this just not feasible? I'm not an expert of course, just curious.

I thought that is what they were doing as well. I think it is really odd they went right to where the hurricane was going. Maybe they thought they could go that way and around the bottom of the storm, but the coastlines from NY to NC were pretty rough the past 24 hrs. When I first read here that the ship was near DE, I thought I was reading incorrectly. Anyway, safe travels. I've been in a TS for a Canada/NE and 25 foot seas and 70mph winds where we were told we were going around TS Nicole back in 2004. We were on the Grand Princess at the time.

Go on line and put cruise ship in storm and it will tell you where the ship is.Google search

Are you talking about the ABC report? That doesn't have any current locations. The Explorer is showing out of range on all the marine traffic websites that most of us use. The last recorded location that these sites are showing is about 12 hours old.

I found its position online. Just Google Explorer of the seas current position. Its traveled 231 miles so far from leaving NJ. It looks to me to be right smack in the middle of the stupid storm. I don't understand what these ships were thinking? They have something like 455 miles to go to get to Bermuda.

Yes...true, no internet. I have a well traveled friend (many cruises under her belt) who is who boarded yest and is with her family. I will quote her from her texts......

Crazy!

"This is one for the books. We are tipping almost sideways. No food. Everything is shut down. Never updated once. The water is not drinkable but there are donuts. Omfg! The captain is on crack to be putting us through this. There are no calm waters in the Atlantic. There is an 800 mile wingspan to Sandy. We are in 80 mph winds. We have no internet. There is a line 100 people deep to get a stale danish. Undrinkable water and there is no place open to get a drink. The swells are nothing i have ever seen. The ship is tipping so far we are almost walking on the walls. The captain and RCCL did not anticipate it to be this bad cuz they want to hold onto a buck. This is rediculous! My daughters heart is racing, shes dehydrated and most of the passengers are sick. My dad is hungry and mad. They assured us this was safe. Unbelievable! Nothing to do but sit in our cabins. There is water all over the upper decks and the statue in the front of the lounge is smashed . I need a vacation do over!"

I found its position online. Just Google Explorer of the seas current position. Its traveled 231 miles so far from leaving NJ. It looks to me to be right smack in the middle of the stupid storm. I don't understand what these ships were thinking? They have something like 455 miles to go to get to Bermuda.

The website you are looking at is a travel agent that I can't name or else I will be in trouble. They are showing where they should be based on itinerary, not where they actually are currently. If you look below the map it says data according to itinerary. I would link but I can't.:cool:

Marine traffic is showing information that is 12 hours 30 minutes old, I can link that one.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=311316000

The website you are looking at is a travel agent that I can't name or else I will be in trouble. They are showing where they should be based on itinerary, not where they actually are currently. If you look below the map it says data according to itinerary. I would link but I can't.:cool:

Marine traffic is showing information that is 12 hours 30 minutes old, I can link that one.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=311316000

That is not the website I got. It was not a travel agent, and it said the info was updated 21 minutes ago or something close to that. You can find it if you want.

Yes...true, no internet. I have a well traveled friend (many cruises under her belt) who is who boarded yest and is with her family. I will quote her from her texts......

Crazy!

"This is one for the books. We are tipping almost sideways. No food. Everything is shut down. Never updated once. The water is not drinkable but there are donuts. Omfg! The captain is on crack to be putting us through this. There are no calm waters in the Atlantic. There is an 800 mile wingspan to Sandy. We are in 80 mph winds. We have no internet. There is a line 100 people deep to get a stale danish. Undrinkable water and there is no place open to get a drink. The swells are nothing i have ever seen. The ship is tipping so far we are almost walking on the walls. The captain and RCCL did not anticipate it to be this bad cuz they want to hold onto a buck. This is rediculous! My daughters heart is racing, shes dehydrated and most of the passengers are sick. My dad is hungry and mad. They assured us this was safe. Unbelievable! Nothing to do but sit in our cabins. There is water all over the upper decks and the statue in the front of the lounge is smashed . I need a vacation do over!"

wow - sounds like they should have never left - was surprised when they did - I think I hear a free cruise

Archived