Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Martin/St. Maarten

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old October 24th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Great Bay beach

Can anyone give me any info on Great Bay? Is Orient Beach that much better?? Are jet skis available?? What about those water trampolines?? We're going in April with 4 kids ages 9-17. Will there be enough for the 17 year old boys(2).

Old October 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Great Bay beach is a nice beach right at Phillipsburg. Sorry, I don't remember if they had jetski's rentals there. A sure bet for an exiting day at the beach with jetski's, parasailing, people watching etc. is at Orient beach.

Old October 25th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Easy to walk there from the ship dock. 20 minutes or so. They sell water , soda and beer right on the boardwalk for a dollar each. I would recommed the America's Cup Regatta. I will be back next yar and will do it again. As for beach toys I don't remember seeing much. But the beer was cheap so maybe that was some bareing. lol