Places to eat in Key West

ugacruisers

My DH and I will be on Enchantment of the Seas the end of August. One of our ports of call is Key West, FL. We are doing the Waverunner Experience :D at 9:00. We leave at 2:00. We were wondering where and what were the good places to eat!! Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!:)

Margaritaville is on the main street and is as good as any place to grab a nice "Cheesburger in Paradise" and a Margarita:) ...Don't forget the chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick either...Later, Jill:cool:

We were there this past Jenuary and ate at a place called Pepes. To tell you the truth I was really nervous looking at it from the outside, it looks like a major dive. When you go in however it is really cute and the food was fantastic. We were there for a few days and when we asked the locals where we should eat every one said Pepes and they sure were right. From the cruise terminal I'm not sure if you would need a taxi or not, but it is well worth it. Don't be afraid of the outside appearance like I was. When we go back we'll definetly be going back.

DH saw a program on the key lime pie sticks covered in chocolate--makes him want to return to Key West--which I was looking at the Enchantment for anyway. My question; Where do you find the key lime chocolate sticks?

We went to my nephew's wedding last December in Key West (destination wedding, so no one knew too much about Key West), and after doing alot of research, etc., my sister chose Blue Heaven for the Rehearsal Dinner and wow, what, a good choice. Great food, great service, great music, great atmosphere. I would highly recommend it!!!!!! Here's a link I found about it:

http://blueheavenkw.homestead.com/Blue_Heaven_Restaurant_Key_West.html

We went to my nephew's wedding last December in Key West (destination wedding, so no one knew too much about Key West), and after doing alot of research, etc., my sister chose Blue Heaven for the Rehearsal Dinner and wow, what, a good choice. Great food, great service, great music, great atmosphere. I would highly recommend it!!!!!! Here's a link I found about it:

http://blueheavenkw.homestead.com/Blue_Heaven_Restaurant_Key_West.html

I wholeheartedly second that! Try the yellowtail snapper - never had anything to beat it!

The best cuban food in Key West is a restaurant on Mallory square. When DH and I go down there we eat there at least 2 nights and love it! It is El Meson De Pepe. I have heard that Blue Heaven is great, but we have not gotten there yet, but Racheal Rey featured it on her $40 a day show on the Food Network. We also go to Hog's Breath and have a drink and get a t-shirt (Hog's Breath is better than no breath at all!).

Just be warned that it is going to be hot!!! I am born and raised in FL and Key West in August is pretty bad. Have fun!!:D

One of the reasons I am going back to Key West (Enchantment in Sept.) is Blue Heaven. If you are lucky enough to get there while they are still serving lobster benedict (probably before noon) you will not regret it! I was never a fan of eggs benedict, but this is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten! The atmosphere is great, the chickens are hilarious, and the food is fantastic. If you miss the lobster, the jerk chicken is another wonderful dish. I would never pass this place up on a Key West visit. Also, the A & B Lobster house has delicious red snapper. Have fun and happy eating!

I vote for BO's Fish Shack. It is quite a dumpy looking place but has fresh fish in huge portions. And really good limeade. For the key lime pie, we go to the Blond Giraffe.

Enjoy!!!

Pepes and Blue Heaven are best for local, historical experiences. Pepes is the oldest restaurant in Key West; it is rather cramped with an air conditioned area and an open courtyard. Blue Heaven is in the Bahama Market area and is an outside experience. Sloppy Joes is basic food, but usually a rollicking fun experience...and, of course, historic.

However, our favorite area is the Bight, across from Pepes. We hit Turtle Kraals whenever we can for breakfast and get there for lunch some times.

Across the parking lot is the Half Shell, another local joint. There are other restaurants around the Bight; just walk the boardwalk and you will find many interesting restaurants/bars with a nautical theme and view. We enjoy Duval street, but love the Bight...only 12 more days til megas at the Turtle!

I will add my own....Conch Republic Seafood Company...overlooks lots of boats in their slips....good brews and tasty food. Kind of off the beaten path also. I haven't had complete meals, usually appetizer fare. Good conch fritters and of course great oysters at a moderate price.

We also ate at the Conch Republic Seafood Company on the Fourth of July and could watch the fireworks as we were eating. We did order entrees and they were very good but my favorite was the Mojitos!!!! The coconut one was out of this world!!!

Definitely B.O.'s Fish Wagon. Just a few blocks from Mallory Square. Key West all the way.

Agree B.O.'s is a hoot. We were there a couple of weeks ago during a rain shower. They have a rain gutter that empties out inside... You gotta see the place. Fish sandwich fantastic.

Also Pepe's, Blue Heaven as others have said.

Had a great shrimp po-boy at Red Fish Blue Fish, new place where Billies used to be. Right near Mal. Squ.

Just back yesterday from a quick 4 days in Key West and highly recommend Bagatelle - right on Duval Street not too far from Mallory Square where the ships dock (maybe 2 blocks at most). Breakfast waffles to die for! The lunch menu looked great and quite inexpensive. You may also wish to try Finnegan's Wake - Irish Pub on Grinnell Street (about 10 blocks from cruise ship). It's definitely worth the walk and the sandwiches are huge and again, relatively inexpensive; best onion rings I've ever had!

I would recommend Cafe Sole for dinner but that appears not to be an option for you. Tiny, tiny restaurant well off the beaten path (about 10 blocks from Duval Street) that is primarily outside covered seating; we had one of the best meals EVER.