Suggestions for Cagliari, Sardinia

Just to give you an idea Sardinia is about the size of Wales. From North to South it is around a 3 hour drive. Some parts of the island for example Nuoro and the mountainous areas roads can be slow. Depending on what you are thinking about you can find quite a bit to do in the North of the island here is another site with some ideas. www.360alghero.net/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if there is a hop on hop off bus but there is certainly an open top bus that takes in most of the sites, it runs every hour from 9.30am until 7.30pm.

To be honest when I was there I walked around the city but be prepared the old town is extremely hilly.

Thanks for your reply.

Is this the green bus that I might have possibly heard of before?? So just a tour bus really - do you know if there is any narration/guide on it. I am presuming it lasts an hour?

Many thanks for your time.

Regards:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how far it is from where the ships dock to walk into town. I'm not really sure what to do as we are only there for the afternoon and so I am sure all the shops will be closed for siesta...

Ships tours for Cagliari look uninspiring..

Does anyone know how far it is from where the ships dock to walk into town. I'm not really sure what to do as we are only there for the afternoon and so I am sure all the shops will be closed for siesta...

Ships tours for Cagliari look uninspiring..

There is a hop on hop off green bus tour...apparently near the terminal and quite cheap!! What date are you on this trip?:confused::confused:

There is a hop on hop off green bus tour...apparently near the terminal and quite cheap!! What date are you on this trip?:confused::confused:

Will be in Cagliari on Mon 9th June 1pm - 7pm. ( RCI Navigator of the Seas)

Green HO-HO bus sounds perfect!:)

I don't remember seeing a HOHO bus, but it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

The city is right at the port. There was a free shuttle bus to right outside the port gate.

We took a local bus (1 euro each I think) to Poetto Beach (very nice), then took it back. We then just wandered around, and found a great shop where we tasted the Mirto and bought various food items made in Sardinia.

Very nice, relaxing port. Not too touristy (in fact, one of the few places that I really needed my Italian phrase book!)

I don't remember seeing a HOHO bus, but it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

There is an open top bus tour available, and I think in theory it is a HOPO. However, there are about thirty seats in the bus, and only one bus. So there is almost inevitably going to be a formidable queue to use it.

We were lucky, and waited only an hour, but the tour was worthwhile, and there was a perfectly adequate commentary in English, and other languages were available. These were through personal headphones, so no sitting through the commentary in several languages!

Hope that helps. Information correct as of October 2007. I can't recall the price, but I presume therefore it was cheap.

• 2 months later...
Not sure if there is a hop on hop off bus but there is certainly an open top bus that takes in most of the sites, it runs every hour from 9.30am until 7.30pm.

To be honest when I was there I walked around the city but be prepared the old town is extremely hilly.

What are the highlights in old town in Cagliari? Is the old town easy to find on our own? Would you recommend the town over the beach?

Archived