Bars near port?

lis106

Can anybody recommend a fun place to hang out and get a couple of drinks within walking distance?

Looking into my crystal ball you will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty ! You will dock at the Havensight Pier and in the shopping area there are a few local bars and further down the pier you have Senor Frogs.:D

Last time I was there in late 2013 there was a little tiki shack in the parking lot area of the shopping. It had swings at the bar for seating and some other seating around it. I just can't remember the name of it for the life of me but I did get a good drink there.

If you're looking for a great view and don't mind paying for the lift there's a bar up at Paradise Point, too. They had fairly decent drink prices for a tourist trap and the drinks were good.

There are bars close to the port including Fat Turtle at the Yacht Haven Grande yacht marina, and a little further away the Dog House Pub down the street to the right of the parking lot exit.

Paradise Point is a great spot up the hill across the street. Take the $20pp roundtrip aerial tram or taxi, the tram station is within walking distance of the ship. You can usually get tram passes at your excursion desk on the ship for a little less, $18 or so.

But you may not make it past Mojo's Rum & Surf Shack that's right in the parking lot as you leave Havensight. :p

Not to worry, the tram passes are refundable.:)