Nearest airport to Cape liberty, NJ

Dorie7

Hello,

My brother is going on a cruise out of New Jersey, Cape liberty port to Bermuda. Does anyone know which airport is the nearest/most convenient? Is this far from New York? Would it be preferable to fly to NY instead of NJ and, if so, what type of transportation would you recommend?

Thanks,

Dorie

I've marked all three major airports in the NY area on my Bayonne map:

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/maps/portmaps.php?mapid=nybay

Take the advice from people who are in the area, but this will give you a picture.

If you click on the Bayonne dock marker, and then click on the "From here" direction link, you can enter the three letter airport code to get a map and directions to the airports. To Newark (EWR) it is only 9.1 miles.

Theron

You definitely want to use Newark. Even if the others looked closer, the traffic from the NYC would kill you. The Newark airport is at exit 14 of the NJ Turnpike, Bayonne is at exit 14C on the Newark Bay Extension of the NJTP(also known as the eastern spur). I don't know the mileage, but it can't be much more than 10 miles. BTW I'm from Central Jersey, but I work in North Jersey & travel that area a lot.

Hello,

My brother is going on a cruise out of New Jersey, Cape liberty port to Bermuda. Does anyone know which airport is the nearest/most convenient? Is this far from New York? Would it be preferable to fly to NY instead of NJ and, if so, what type of transportation would you recommend?

Thanks,

Dorie

Your brother should come into Newark Airport. If he comes in the day before there is the Newark Best Western that offers a Park and cruise package and they provide shuttle to Cape Liberty and also to Newark Airport. The number is 877-442-0992. Rate is 155.00 plus tax for 2 people and includes breakfast. A few people used it from my Oct. cruise and they seemed pleased. :)

Your brother should come into Newark Airport. If he comes in the day before there is the Newark Best Western that offers a Park and cruise package and they provide shuttle to Cape Liberty and also to Newark Airport. The number is 877-442-0992. Rate is 155.00 plus tax for 2 people and includes breakfast. A few people used it from my Oct. cruise and they seemed pleased. :)

I live in NJ and NEWARK airport is your best bet. The traffic through NY is so unpredictable and nerve wracking...no way to start a vacation! Also, the view of NY on the NJ side (if you should go for a taxi $$ tour to Liberty Park, JC) is very nice too.

• 8 years later...

I'm planning a cruise from Cape Liberty, New Jersey and I understand that the Newark Liberty Airport is the one to fly into. If one stays in Cape Liberty, New Jersey is there inexpensive transit options to get into New York City? Is there things to do in Cape Liberty, New Jersey? Do any hotels offer transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal?

Thanks!

Tom:)

I'm planning a cruise from Cape Liberty, New Jersey and I understand that the Newark Liberty Airport is the one to fly into. If one stays in Cape Liberty, New Jersey is there inexpensive transit options to get into New York City? Is there things to do in Cape Liberty, New Jersey? Do any hotels offer transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal?

Thanks!

The best place to ask these questions is on the East Coast Departures forum. There are many helpful and knowledgable folks there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

For those living in NJ, we will be flying into Newark next October 16, before flying up to Quebec for a cruise on the 19th and staying at the Hampton Suites in Elizabeth. I was told to take the Path into the WTC. We wish to spend some time in NYC and see the 9/11 Museum & Memorial along with the Statue of Liberty for starters. Once we arrive at the WTC, what is the best way to get to the 9/11 Museum & Memorial.

The best place to ask these questions is on the East Coast Departures forum. There are many helpful and knowledgable folks there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

For those living in NJ, we will be flying into Newark next October 16, before flying up to Quebec for a cruise on the 19th and staying at the Hampton Suites in Elizabeth. I was told to take the Path into the WTC. We wish to spend some time in NYC and see the 9/11 Museum & Memorial along with the Statue of Liberty for starters. Once we arrive at the WTC, what is the best way to get to the 9/11 Museum & Memorial.

As Bob wrote, you should use the East Coast Departures forum, whose link he provided.

The 9/11 museum is at the WTC site. Follow the signs when you get there. (I also.live in NJ).

I would DEFINITELY plan on flying in at least a day ahead. All of the NYC airports are infamous for delays in and out - and that's definitely no way to begin a vacation.

Thanks!

We just returned from a cruise on Liberty out of Port Liberty. When we cruise out of Port Liberty we stay at Embassy Suites Newark Airport which has a complimentary shuttle to the hotel from the airport. We took a taxi from the hotel to the airport and it was $65. Country Inn and Suites, which is right across the parking lot from Embassy, offers a shuttle to the cruise port for $35pp.

From the ship to the airport RCI transfers are $28.50pp, Airport Shuttle Bus (independent of RCI) is also $28.50pp. We chose to splurge and use a taxi which was $68.30 (includes toll fee). We were off the ship at 9:30 and sitting in the UA lounge at 10:30.

I don't think the word "inexpensive" even exists in New Jersey or New York.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

Guest maddycat
We just returned from a cruise on Liberty out of Port Liberty. When we cruise out of Port Liberty we stay at Embassy Suites Newark Airport which has a complimentary shuttle to the hotel from the airport. We took a taxi from the hotel to the airport and it was $65. Country Inn and Suites, which is right across the parking lot from Embassy, offers a shuttle to the cruise port for $35pp.

From the ship to the airport RCI transfers are $28.50pp, Airport Shuttle Bus (independent of RCI) is also $28.50pp. We chose to splurge and use a taxi which was $68.30 (includes toll fee). We were off the ship at 9:30 and sitting in the UA lounge at 10:30.

I don't think the word "inexpensive" even exists in New Jersey or New York.:D

You got that right.

• 6 months later...
I live in NJ and NEWARK airport is your best bet. The traffic through NY is so unpredictable and nerve wracking...no way to start a vacation! Also, the view of NY on the NJ side (if you should go for a taxi $$ tour to Liberty Park, JC) is very nice too.

I see that you have gone to Bermuda many times. We are going there for the first time. What are cool things to do?

Hello,

Thanks,

Dorie

Liberty Int'l Airport in Newark. Only 10-15 minutes to Cape Liberty.