NCL Pearl Returns to Seattle Port

rsato

The Pearl left on schedule (4pm) but is now returning to the Seattle Port (5:45 pm). Obviously, something is not going to plan....

My daughter works for one of the local TV stations and she said there was a medical emergency so it had to turn around and come back to Seattle. According to their sources it is not going to redock though.

I'm onboard. Medical emergency. We did not redock. Passenger is being evacuated by boat. We are still at a full stop.

Hope it turns out okay for those involved!

And have a great cruise on the beautiful Pearl!

Odd. The camera has you underway. Oh well.

The Pearl nearly docked, stopped about 30 yards from the Pier adjacent to a Navy ship that has been docked all weekend for Seafair Fleet Week. The Pearl bridge camera was pointed at the Edgewater so it looked like it was docked from the front.

We're sailing away ... Again. Feel horrible for the family involved in the emergency, but are enjoying amazing weather and beautiful views in Seattle.

I hope the person with the emergency will be alright and that the rest of your cruise is medical emergency free.

On our June 22nd Pearl cruise, we were about an hour or so out and they slowed down so they could offload a passenger. They wanted to do it before heading out to sea. Caused about a 2 hour delay I am thinking.

Hope all are OK. It would be so disappointing to finally get on board after all the excitement build up over the preceding months only to have a medical emergency and have to be taken off before the cruise has started. Hopefully the person involved will be fully recovered soon and be able to again enjoy cruising.

From what I am reading in Seattle media reports, those on The Pearl will not miss much of their vacation. Those on The Grand Princess that might not be true. The reports say that She is having propulsion problem. That is not good.

Hope all are OK. It would be so disappointing to finally get on board after all the excitement build up over the preceding months only to have a medical emergency and have to be taken off before the cruise has started. Hopefully the person involved will be fully recovered soon and be able to again enjoy cruising.

My sister and her friend were book on the Getaway's inaugural cruise out of Miami. Weeks of excitement, plus a two day drive to Miami preceded the cruise day. They woke up cruise morning in their Miami hotel and friend said he thought he was having a heart attack. Good news, a trip to the hospital emergency room and an overnight stay in the hospital determined that it was something much less serious and he was released. Bad news, Getaway sailed away without them. Bummer and super disappointing is right! But better to find out before departure than after you're on the ship. And....another good reason to have trip insurance, which they did.

I was just reading a news story out of Seattle saying that The Grand Princess left Seattle again about 10 P.M. which would be about 6 hours behind schedule. The story went on to say that The Grand Princess has had several propulsion problems. I hope this week goes better than it started.

My wife and two of her GF's are on the Pearl, she texted me yesterday about the return. Even odder, about the two ships (Pearl and Grand Princess): according to one report, they both turned around in the same general vicinity, around the Kingston area.

I'm sorry to hear about the medical emergency on the Pearl, but it's probably better for the person involved to be put off in Seattle, then to experience the emergency later in the cruise, perhaps in an area where medical facilities are fewer and further between, or in one (like Glacier Bay) which might require a Coast Guard helicopter lift.

Edited by VideoTech

BTW, a website-I-can't-name-here shows the Pearl to be 60 nm from Juneau, and planning to dock right on schedule, so she was obviously able to make up the delay from the medical return yesterday.

Let's hope the rest of the cruise goes smoothly! Bow cam and weather reports show pretty nice weather!

Edited by VideoTech

The passenger that was evacuated due to a medical emergency aboard the Norwegian Pearl bound for Alaska, is back at home and doing well. Thanks for your concern!

I'm glad they are doing well. Thank you for letting us know. :)