Dream50!!!

lsugrl

Hi all you lose for the cruisers!! I wanted to start a new topic for a few reasons.

1. I'll be on the Dream in September and plan to lose 50 pounds by then!

2. A lot of the other threads are awesome and seem friendly, but it's kinda hard to jump into another established group of people.

3. I need a place to vent, encourage, and journal my progress for this endeavor.

4. I would love to hear other peoples progress and all too!! So please feel free to join in.

Being healthy has never been my strong suite. I'm overweight, a smoker, a drinker, and an asthmatic. The most I have lost before was 17 pounds before my wedding. And I could have lost a lot more but quit too soon.

So please join in and let's change our life together :)

following as well as being on the cruise with you i need to drop about 35 more lbs before the cruise have lost 35 since last april still got a way to go i am also a diabetic with good control so hopefully i can get off my meds one day

Ok count me in.

I am 57 y/o

Eager to lose 40 lbs. by July.

Started that 17 day diet today as a matter of fact and rode my stationary bike for 60 min. It has a mini computer in it and these are my totals for today: carbs (70), calories (410) and distance I did (20 miles).

8am. For breakfast I had a grapefruit and coffee

9:30 cup of tea with small yougut

12pm 2 scrambled eggs with one slice bacon

2pm. one cheese stick

later

another cup green tea

Dinner is at 6pm:

I a making a turkey to use part of the week and freeze the rest

I will use it in salads for lunch or low carb wraps

Green beans

Tossed salads.

Snack tonight about 8pm.

Baking cored apples with cinamen ( its like a fake-out apple pie)

I am really motivated and have my DH doing this with me.

Sea Ya

Ok my 1st day has not been so good but I did make a trip to Wally World and bought all things healthy. Now I am relaxing on couch and plan to do some active playing on the Wii with HH (Hott Hubby). For dinner we have leftover smothered pork chips but am planning on cooking brown rice to go with it and also for me to use the rest of the week :)

Its Aimee I'm also on the dream cruise with you. My goal is another 25 (50 total by the cruise).

I don't want to get in trouble for posting links to another website, but I'm a Sparker, so you are more likely to get updates from me on Spark (username is MrsTwiggy).

Edited by stl_figment

Hello Lioness!!

U sound regimented and doing awesome!!

Yea its always easy day one.

Lets see how I am doing on day 17.

Oh I am an ex-smoker....

I quit May 20, 2011 cold turkey and never looked back....(A pak of cigarettes in the great state of Ohio went upto $7 so it was time).

I am allowing myself 2 drinks a week if I want.

And that is usually a glass of red wine.

(That's not in the diet but I have a a lot of stressors in my life right now with the mother in law chronically ill, so it is my reward).

MMMMMMMMM

I do have one great weakness.

I cannot have a bag of potato chips within 5 miles of my house (hee-hee), I could eat the whole bag at one sitting, and I am not talking those little bags that come with subways foot longs........so that is one thing I have to be careful for.

I can ignore chocolate, ice cream, with no problem, but....salt..mmmm

Oh I just gave up diet soda last Sunday in preparation for this attempt (and I have had many), I read that drinking too much diet soda can actually make you more hungry and eat more. I have not had a soda in 7 days............thats a first!!!!!:eek:

I drink green tea, lemonade, 2 cups of coffee and that never ending 8 glasses of water a day.

Ok enough of me rambling on.

Catch you later

Sea Ya

Hi ladies!

This is my first post in preparation for this cruise. I'm also from Louisiana (Alexandria area) and I'm also cruising the Dream but in November. :) I'm also trying to lose weight. I'm hoping for 30 pounds between now and then. I actually started with the new year more or less. I have not had soda since December 28th, diet or regular. Diet Coke has always been my drug of choice so to speak. I would crack one open with breakfast. I went cold turkey and haven't touched one since. I also started working out at a gym. I honestly haven't lost more than a couple pounds, but have definitely leaned up and dropped a couple of inches. I'm working on cleaning up my eating. Looking forward to checking in with you ladies!:p

I been Pretty good today. I have worked out for a hour and a half. I did meet my calorie intake and for the first time I went over by 5 calories not sure if that is bad or not but I am not going to worry about it I will work out for a few extra minutes tomorrow to burn it off.

GOAL: lose 2 to 4 pounds a week

so far this pass week I drop 6 pounds

WORK OUT: 30 minutes on Bike, 5 minutes on stepper, 20 minutes on Tread Mill for cardio work out, Then I do weights for my legs and my arms and abs, I am not doing any floor abs at the moment not til I see my doctor next month.

Long Term GOAL : be able to to lose a 130 pounds

Short Term 5 Months : drop 40 pounds if I do 2 pounds a week and 80 pounds if I do 4 pounds a week

Weekly Goal: Learn how to balance my work outs and what I eat

Daily Goal: Stay positive no matter what life hands you

Vacation Goals: get to just under the weight limits for zip lining and horse back riding

Dream Sept 14, 2014 Goal. HAVE FUN

Day 2

Good afternoon all

Glad to hear about everyones plans for getting fit.

Chel, you are really motivated:) Keep up the good work!

Today I got out of work a little early so I came home to get busy

I work Mon - Fri 6-2:30 but since we were slow I left.

Got home and got on bike for 50 min.

52 carbs

300 calories

15 miles

50 min.

Not to bad for a work day.

Cannot wait for the weather to break so we can start walking.

Today for dinner it will be some chicken stir fry with mixed veggies in olive oil, and salad.

So far today following plan

Sea Ya

Just checking in:

I've been sick with a stomach virus but am feeling better (for the most part), so today is my first day back at tracking food.

The only thing is I'm still hesitant about eating much so I really don't have much to track.

Monday is normally a Zumba night, but since I'm not quite back to 100%, and not quite back to eating normal meals I won't be attending class tonight.

Hello Everyone :D

To day I felt alittle more tired but after I got going I got in a my work out. After some help from a friend and I do call her a friend she has helped me understand more about how to track my work out and my diet so I can lose weight and hold a healthly balance of both.

After yesterdays work out I have slept better then I have in months I worked harder then I normally do at my work out and I felt it I slept 10 hours that is very rare for me normally 5 hours but for once I feel so good with the extra sleep.

Work Out:

Bike 15 minutes 100 calories

Elliptical Trainer 10 minutes 109 calories

Tread mill 10 minutes 60

Weights Chest Tone training

30 minutes 160 Calories

Abs Gave a brake today I had a charlie horse in my belly on sat I wanted to make sure I rested my abs for a few days

Diet allowing me 1900 calories for todays meals

Mood High

Energy Mid High

Sue when I started my journey I decided the only way for me to really do it is to take control not for anyone but for me to be able to feel good about my self and take my life back. Everyday I work at this some days I dread going cause I am feeling a little tried before I get on the bike but in a few minutes I feel like I just gained more energy I cant explain how feeling tried and then have a energy like that the next feels til you feel it its one of those things that hard to explain I think.

Yes I am working out daily but I change up my work out so I never get bored but my muscles have time to rest too. I ride the bike in front of the TV normally putting on a 30 minute show and then ride for that 30 minutes once the show over I move to my next thing I am trying to keep my heart rate up when I work with the weights so my muscles dont get tired or sore. Read some where that if your muscles are warm when you work out with weights it burns more fat not sure if that is true or now weigh in on Fridays for me so we will see how it pays off.

Chel

Thanks Chel

We have a tread mill and an eliptical, but I have a bum right knee..................sledding injury (re-living my prime:eek:)

So I have to pace myself and the bike is the safest for me now.

Soon, I will go back to wii fit (yuck)

Then walking:D

Thanks again

Sea Ya

Sue,

I sent you a friends Request in Cruise Critic. My Mother in law has a bum Left knee she been doing the Elliptial its been helping her alot she does it at her pace and she been adding some weights too her training to help strenghtin the knee she is trying this to see if she can avoid having the knee replace. She went to a trainer and her knee doctor first to see what they suggested so she doesn't her her self more but can help build more strenght in the knee it self. We been going to Planet Fitness they just built one in our area which is great it helps with the price too on the budget. I have a black card membership so I can bring my husband with me everyday and he wouldnt need a membership so we can keep the cost down. I dont have a WII thought about getting one but I really dont have a place to set it up.

Another thing you can do if you know how is swim its good for injury's its light impart but good for strengthening.

Chel

Hello everyone!

I ate very well all day. Started with a smoothie and included lots of fruits and veggies. No workout today as I've been playing my kids' chauffeur since I left

work. Glad to see everyone doing so well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sue,

I sent you a friends Request in Cruise Critic. My Mother in law has a bum Left knee she been doing the Elliptial its been helping her alot she does it at her pace and she been adding some weights too her training to help strenghtin the knee she is trying this to see if she can avoid having the knee replace. She went to a trainer and her knee doctor first to see what they suggested so she doesn't her her self more but can help build more strenght in the knee it self. We been going to Planet Fitness they just built one in our area which is great it helps with the price too on the budget. I have a black card membership so I can bring my husband with me everyday and he wouldnt need a membership so we can keep the cost down. I dont have a WII thought about getting one but I really dont have a place to set it up.

Another thing you can do if you know how is swim its good for injury's its light impart but good for strengthening.

Chel

Friends:D

Catching up on CC

Will update tomorrow

Sea Ya

Hi all!

I loved reading everyone's Day 2!

As for the comment above I have seen plenty of folks on biggest loser lose 8 pounds a week. So to each his own!

Day 2

Did very good today! So far!

Breakfast - dannon slim n fit yogurt strawberry

Lunch - 190 calorie lean cuisine and a pear

Snack - Special K pastry crisps -strawberry at work and a Colby jack cheese stick when I got home.

Dinner - flatbread pizza with turkey pepperoni and 2% mozz

Still have 15 points left on WW. May have a snack later (healthy)

Didn't work out feeling a lil under the weather and we have tomm off due to ice storm in South Louisiana so I plan on getting a good one in tomorrow :)

Anyways....

My Day 3 plan on Sneaux Day in LA! Lol

Breakfast - weight control maple n brown sugar oatmeal (I may splurge and use skim milk in it instead of water)

Snack - pear or my dannon Greek yogurt.

Lunch - I have seen some really cool sandwiches made with cucumbers and think I may try this with turkey :)

Snack - Special K crisps with salsa

Dinner - thinking of making turkey chili or my whole wheat pasta turkey spaghetti. Only problem with the turkey chili is I will want corn bread and lots of it. Lol. So I may save that one for a cheat day!!

Good luck on day 3 everyone!

My two cents on the current discussion: And I'm not a medical professional nor am I a dietician so its just my opinion.

I see nothing wrong with eating processed foods such as Lean Cuisine meals, fast food, regular yogurt, bread, etc. Its what my diet consists of. I know that they are higher in sodium and overall may not be the healthiest choicest but they are the most realistic. I'm not trying to make excuses but I do work 3 jobs; 2 of which take me to fast food restaurants multiple times a week for dinner. I don't always have time to prepare fresh food items ahead of time. I don't always have the money to buy fresh groceries. It can be a lot cheaper eating dinner at a fast food restaurant (and yes you can find healthier choices at fast food). I prioritize making it to the gym 2-3 times a week. I have to work within the constraints I have time wise and eat food that is available. I just work to make healthier choices (lower in calories, higher in protein).

The methods that work for some people are not the methods that work for other people. I am someone who is trying to be healthier and lose weight and has successfully lost 25 lbs so far. For me I have to find the diet that is most sustainable.

Edited by stl_figment

Paleo freaks!

Anywho....

I'm gonna be posting a bit today cause I am home and have the time and helps keep me on track.

Are my oatmeal and just worked out on my wii fit :). Now Hh is playing on it! Lol

Bout to whip up that cucumber sandwich. It will be hard not to put mayo on it. Lol.

It's starting to ice here. Trying not to make this a cocktail kind of day. Lol