Dawn cabin help please...

cjv6572

Hey there,

My wife and I are sailing on the June 27th Dawn cruise. We are booked an obstructed oceanview room on deck 8 but just checked into an upgrade and they are willing to upgrade us to a balcony for an additional 125 per person....do you guys think this is worth it? Are the rooms much better, how about the bathrooms?

I'd appreciate any input.....thanks!

I've never been in an oceanview or actually and oceanobstruct,lol. But, Just got back from the Dawn in a BA Cabin. If it's just 2 of you it is Perfect! I know people say you don't spend much time in your room etc. But with a balcony you don't mind the room and in fact enjoy getting away for a while. I loved going out there first thing in the morning, and after dinner. It is just so beautiful. Watching the sunsets was amazing. Plus It makes the room feel so much bigger. Definitaly worth the extra money! IMO, upgrade!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I would definitely go fot it - nothing like a cup of coffee when you wake up in the morning on your balcony.

But be warned....once you have one you won't want to cruise without one.

July 10th NCL Spirit

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;10;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Don't do it ! once you have a balcony as posted above it is very hard to go back. Started out with insides, moved to an outside obstructed view, then an outside, and then 5 balconies in a row.

it is all about budget. If the 125 will still allow you to enjoy everything you want to do go for it. If you have to cut out an excursion or not enjoy one of the alternate resturants the outside will be great.

I too enjoy coffee in the morning on the balcony and the sound of the sea when you go to sleep.

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800  Alaska Sun

Archived