Do you post on social media while you are on vacation/cruising.

cruisecritiquer

I remain connected while cruising. I like to stay in touch with friends and family, both to share the good time I'm having and also just to let them know that I'm doing okay.

I've also been known to do live threads here at Cruise Critic. I've enjoyed others' live threads and reviews, and I want to return the favor by sharing my experiences as they occur with my Cruise Critic friends.

Sometimes. It depends on my mood. I run a travel blog so the more information, the sooner the better, but sometimes I just want to enjoy myself without editing photos and writing my entire vacation. I will usually post something on FB and/or twitter, but last week, while I did bring my laptop and edit photos (though it wasn't the main reason for bringing it), I didn't post to social media or my blog, I simply didn't feel like being connected.

I don't do Facebook, Instagram or any of that at all! All I do is post here.

:eek:

Completely unplugged when on vaca, except for the iConcierge app when onboard to look up my account, get reservations and text my family who is also onboard.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

We will email a few friends or a few urgent business matters (trying to keep this to a minimum!) but we never post online more generally anything that suggests we are not at home at the moment, on DH's Facebook account or such.

Photos or comments go up after we return home.

We do have a live-in housesitter for anything other than a quick overnight or two away, but we'd rather not invite any excitement into their lives.

(Yes, those who get to know the "real us" through various forum postings such as CruiseCritic might know we are away from a Roll Call or comments elsewhere, but currently, most of our travel isn't cruising anyway. That will be changing, we hope :) )

Edit to add: And *obviously* it isn't anyone ON CruiseCritic who we'd worry about. But we'd rather know in advance if anyone plans to stop by for a visit!

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple

I only post afterwards; other than checking a few emails, I disconnect. I'm on vacation!

THIS!

I work in the digital/technology world so a cruise vacation is the one opportunity for me to turn off, disconnect and truly go dark. The best part of a vacation for me is turning off my phone and putting it in the safe. I find that the time off recharges me and I really don't miss it.

I do, but not much. I will generally post a photo on FB every couple of days. We did that when we were in Europe for five weeks last year--pretty much each time we changed locations, so every few days.

My upcoming cruise will be solo, so I'll use FB to stay in touch with my daughters. They'll want to know their old mom is alive and well (and not having TOO good a time. Silly girls). :o

THIS!

I work in the digital/technology world so a cruise vacation is the one opportunity for me to turn off, disconnect and truly go dark. The best part of a vacation for me is turning off my phone and putting it in the safe. I find that the time off recharges me and I really don't miss it.

See, that makes sense. I'm also in the industry, but I don't completely unplug. :o

I don't post much on social media in general, it's just not my thing. But I will occasionally post a photo on facebook when I'm on vacation. My profile, including photos, is only visible to my "friends", which I have less than 100, and all of whom I know in person. If you are concerned about robberies, I suggest you review your privacy settings and your friends list.

Nope....no social networks, no message boards, no email, no texting, to phone calls....NOTHING.

I turn off the phone (ok, airplane mode) when I step onboard and only reconnect when I am on my way to the airport for the ride home.

I'm on vacation...leave me the heck alone.

you bring up an interesting point>I never get an internet package onboard and my carrier Verizon says that the ship rates are very expensive for going online.As far as on the islands you can get an international rate charge for just one month,but it would be mostly to check-not to post-also for the reason of not wanting people to think the house may be empty.

for keeping in touch with the kids in the family,we usually buy phone cards for in port.Our last cruise was Alaska so we were able to use our cell in all the ports.