Room service and Appetizers

Mulvicruiser

Hello fellow cruisers,

we are first time cruisers and are taking the kids North to Alaska on the Zaandam on May 26. We have found this website to be most useful and I must say, friendly. I do have a question at this time that I have not been able to find the answer to and that is about the appetizers ordered through room service. Is there a charge for this like the drinks? Any other advice about anything would also be most welcome, and is anyone else out there going on this particular cruise, I would love to make some new friends prior to going.:D

I have not sailed HAL, so don't know an answer to your question, except to say that on the ships that I have been on, there has been no charge for room service. We do always give a tip to the people who bring it up, though.

I did, however, find a link to others sailing with you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=305035

Have a great cruise!

I am not so sure about this on Hal. There is no charge for suites, but there might be for other cabins. Ask on the Hal board.

Lougee have you ordered them and not been in a suite?

My only experience with room service was when we went to Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith. We had an early tee time and wanted to have breakfast. The breakfast room and buffet didn't open until 7:30 and our tee time was early. With Zenith, you just turn your tv on the night before and order the menu right on the screen. We asked to have it delivered 6-6:30 am and it came at 6:15. The only thing we would have paid extra for was if we had soda. Anything you get for free in the dining room is free on room service. Just don't forget to tip your waiter who brings the food to your room.

The OP is asking about HAL not Celebrity. Not all cruise lines are alike.

Hal serves appetizers in ALL the lounges prior to dinner, both early and late seatings. ( I do not believe all cruise lines serve appetizers prior to dinner)

Those in suites (category PS and S) may order them for their cabin. They can order both hot and cold. This is a perk for suite pax.

I do not think you can order them in other categories without a charge.

All other food on the room service menu has no charge. You can also order what is being served for dinner but the order must be placed within a half hour of a seating time. No charge for this either.

Archived