Renting car in St Maarten?

IndyViva

We rented from Hertz in September. Very easy, but not too quick. There was one family checking in ahead of us, so that took a few minutes. Then you take a shuttle to a warehouse where you get your car. I think the other agencies must be similar, because I didn't see any rental cars at the port itself.

I think we paid about $75 for the day for a midsize, Toyota Corolla type car. Fit 4 adults, 1 7yo easily.

Driving around was easy, maps made negotiating areas simple. We went to Orient beach for a few hours, then across the island through the French capital then down to Maho beach. Absolutely no parking when we were there, so we just circled through and watched one flight land through the car windows.

We rented from Hertz in September. Very easy, but not too quick. There was one family checking in ahead of us, so that took a few minutes. Then you take a shuttle to a warehouse where you get your car. I think the other agencies must be similar, because I didn't see any rental cars at the port itself.

I think we paid about $75 for the day for a midsize, Toyota Corolla type car. Fit 4 adults, 1 7yo easily.

Driving around was easy, maps made negotiating areas simple. We went to Orient beach for a few hours, then across the island through the French capital then down to Maho beach. Absolutely no parking when we were there, so we just circled through and watched one flight land through the car windows.

Did you rent from the pier. We rent from Hertz and just walk across the street to get the car. I have never taken a shuttle from the pier when renting a car. We paid about $90 a couple of years ago. There are cheaper places but they bailed us out one day when Arthur's stood us up so we have stuck with them. We find the cars and service very good.

Did you rent from the pier. We rent from Hertz and just walk across the street to get the car. I have never taken a shuttle from the pier when renting a car. We paid about $90 a couple of years ago. There are cheaper places but they bailed us out one day when Arthur's stood us up so we have stuck with them. We find the cars and service very good.

We reserved online and then rented on the pier. The cars were not at the pier, but maybe they had run out of those on the pier and were using "back up" vehichles.

Now I'm confused. I was told by another CC member that Arthur's was a good place to rent. Just across the street from the cruise terminal.

I sent them a email and reserved two jeeps so we can go beach hopping.

Now. I read a bad review. So what do I do . Anyone else rented from Arthur's ?

We reserved online and then rented on the pier. The cars were not at the pier, but maybe they had run out of those on the pier and were using "back up" vehichles.

It is difficult to believe that in September they would run out of cars at the pier. I rented in January and March and we had 7 ships in one of those days and they had 40 vehicles that they had squashed in the lot at the pier that they were renting. I think someone made a mistake and that's why you had to be shuttled to the other lot to pick up your car. We're you at least able to drop it off at the pier?

It is difficult to believe that in September they would run out of cars at the pier. I rented in January and March and we had 7 ships in one of those days and they had 40 vehicles that they had squashed in the lot at the pier that they were renting. I think someone made a mistake and that's why you had to be shuttled to the other lot to pick up your car. We're you at least able to drop it off at the pier?

Nope, had to drop off at the warehouse and wait for the van to return. I didn't know to expect anything different, and the others renting didn't seem surprised either.

Nope, had to drop off at the warehouse and wait for the van to return. I didn't know to expect anything different, and the others renting didn't seem surprised either.

Was the "warehouse" by the airport? This all seems so strange to me.