Tampa Hotel

kruiser68

Several hotels in the Rocky Point area offer both airport and port shuttles (as well as shuttles to local dining and shopping ;)); it is a nice area. We've stayed at Chase Suites and were very happy - there are many others in the area, so shop around.

We always stay at the Quality Inn on S. Mabry St. Hotel $85 range,it's fine for us. Great customer service,clean ,friendly staff. Free airport pickup,free breakfast and $8 to cruise port. Publix is across the street as well as small stores ,fast food places and restaurants ,also upsacle food store nearby. Hope this helps.

Also try the LaQuinta Tampa Airport. It is a clean hotel in an upscale area within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. For the great rate of the hotel, just take a taxi to/from the port.

Holiday Inn, Hampton and Chase Suites all on Rocky Point, will have the cruise pkgs but it may run more than the LaQuinta using a taxi.

You can price them out and see if you can snag a deal.

Good luck

We always stay at the Quality Inn on S. Mabry St. Hotel $85 range,it's fine for us. Great customer service,clean ,friendly staff. Free airport pickup,free breakfast and $8 to cruise port. Publix is across the street as well as small stores ,fast food places and restaurants ,also upsacle food store nearby. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I will look into here. A bit better in price than a couple others I looked into.

Is it possible to make a return flight @ 11:30, or are we cutting it too close. it states the ship docks at 8am.

Our choices were 9:40am or 1:24pm. I couldn't handle the stress of not making it in time and chose the latter. At the beginning of the month we had no problems getting off the ship but just this past Sunday it sounded like there was a backup in customs and things were delayed. When is the next flight out?

Our choices were 9:40am or 1:24pm. I couldn't handle the stress of not making it in time and chose the latter. At the beginning of the month we had no problems getting off the ship but just this past Sunday it sounded like there was a backup in customs and things were delayed. When is the next flight out?

There is a later flight $160 more . Was trying to get the cheaper flight. I know what you mean about the stress to catch a flight.

Any one have an approximate cost for a taxi? I will look up shuttles, since that would be a set price. Thanks

Taxi from the port to TPA is a flat rate fare of $25+tip for the cab; van and SUV cabs are the same price. The ride takes about 15+ minutes.

Also try the LaQuinta Tampa Airport. It is a clean hotel in an upscale area within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. For the great rate of the hotel, just take a taxi to/from the port. .....

Hi,

we took your recommendation ( different thread) and booked the LQ ...... the price was right (54 + tax military rate) for 5 dec. The reviews seem to be OK. Ihop next door, big mall across the street and taxi at 25 to the port.

We will have most of the afternnon to 'kill' so the mall might be the place to be... I looked on their web site .... lots of restaurants and stores.

Do you know if there is store close by to get some basics, like mouth wash, maybe wine ?

• 1 month later...
Taxi from the port to TPA is a flat rate fare of $25+tip for the cab; van and SUV cabs are the same price. The ride takes about 15+ minutes.

We will be traveling with 6. Would this rate be for all of us or is it per person? TIA! Still deciding on the best hotel pkg. This thread has been helpful! We are cruising Jan 18, 2015.

Is it possible to make a return flight @ 11:30, or are we cutting it too close. it states the ship docks at 8am.

I would think that would be no problem- I'd book it without hesitation. But I have only cruised NCL- and I know they have really speedy/efficient walk-off debarkation- I don't know how Carnival is. We cruised once on Princess (years ago) and it was horrible- really disorganized and really long lines to get off.... with your cruise history though I'm sure you have a sense for how well Carnival does it.

Tampa port is pretty close to the airport (15 min cab ride?), and the port itself is very easy to get in/out of, and the cabs are right there.

Of course if Tampa is socked in by fog, as occasionally happens, all bets are off. But if that happens, most of the time a few hours difference in flights wouldn't have helped... only the people with evening flights will be OK!

We will be traveling with 6. Would this rate be for all of us or is it per person? TIA! Still deciding on the best hotel pkg. This thread has been helpful! We are cruising Jan 18, 2015.

Hi,

we also will be using a taxi to go from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

There will be four of us plus the baggage ...... I did call the taxi company ( tel. numbers are provided in the link below) and they suggested to call them to request a minivan or SUV .... depending on the numer and size of the laggage.

In your case 6 plus baggage ....... you shuld call as well. 6 plus luggage might be too much for a mini-van.

The prize for taxi was the same - per taxi ....... not pp.

http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/taxi_services.asp

Edited by wieslaw