Child Friendly Hotels

elmiracruiser

Hi All - I know the answer is probably somewhere in the message board but I haven't had much luck finding exactly what I need. I'm looking for a kid friendly hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. I'd also like it to be close to a shopping center and restaurants as we're flying down a couple days prior to our cruise. Also looking for something in the $120-$130ish range for November 20th - 22nd. I really appreciate any help you can provide!

Lori

I'd stay at a hotel like Bahia Mar across the street from the beach with kids. No shuttles, but cabs are cheap and easy. The beach/downtown is very close to the port.

I wouldn't stay near the airport just for a shuttle. Nothing for kids out there.

Edited by eandj

You can get the Hyatt Pl for just under $130 plus tax on that site. It does have a pool. Stores and restaurants in walking distance. You are further from the beach but could catch the sun trolley to hit the beach and see more of the city.

When I mentioned Bahia Mar I was thinking of kids, and forgot you wanted a suite type hotel. This one should work .

One more question - on Value Trips it says 1-2 adults in the fine print of the Hyatt deal. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids. Do you think this is an issue? I see the site asks for your credit card number before it tells you the final charge amount - should I be concerned about this?

Vtrips will notify you if the room is available. Usually in 48 hours. Since you are off peak, I wouldn't worry that the room won't be available. TONS of cruisers here use valuetrips. (And wish there weren't so many blackout dates). ;)

The rooms have bed/s and a sleeper sofa. So after your booking is confirmed, you can call the hotel direct and request two doubles or a king if you have a preference. Kids can stay in the room. The rate won't change. The rate (with no discounts) for your nights on the hotel website is $139 with or without kids.

Edited by eandj

We travel with our kids (8 and 13) and like to stay pre-cruise on 84th street and 12th area at the Best Western or Hampton Inn. We like that it's across the street from a Winn Dixie, liquor store, bargain type store, Subway, Wendy's McDonalds and a sports type bar. We don't need anything more than that and both hotels have shuttles. Prices in this area are often more affordable than the 17th street area.