coki beach pics here

nimbex1970

On a thread here I tried to download pics of coki beach and couldn't. So I downloded our last triumph cruise pics to photobucket. I Think the link will take you directly to the coki beach pics. They aren't the best we have, our destiny cruise to st. thom, was less crowded with better weather. I'll try to get those uploaded soon.

Any pictures underwater were taken at coki beach. I wanted to show how great the snorkling was, although not the variety of fish found in grand caymen or belieze... we brought inflatable circular floaties for the kids from the $1 store and masks at wallmart for $5. This is an excellent place for beginners as there are so many places to see fish in waist high water with minimal waves.

if the link isn't working, please say so, always glad o answer questions, but know in advance, three trips to st. thom = coki beach... so I'm a bit biased;)

pages 2, 3 and 4 on the link;

http://photobucket.com/albums/c207/nimbex1970/?start=60

There's not much shade at Coki but you can rent umbrellas. Sapphire has plenty of shade.

I didn't notice a restaurant at Coki when I was there, but they did have a snack bar and some other concession stands.

Sapphire definitely has a restaurant.

You can easily take a cab to either beach.

hey all, the taxi is a set fare, $7 pp each way, less than 15 min, assuming no traffic jams, I think there were 4-5 ships in port that day.

coki rents umbrellas $5. You can get basic fryed food, they even gave margaret a bowl of fresh strawberrys that she asked for, fresh fruit in the colada's.... no mixes... YUM!

We stopped at saphire briefly on a tour, the beach is beautiful, more touristy, as coki is more local. I didn' snorkel or scuba at saphire due to the brief stop, but I did ask arround and snorkeling I was told was mininal to none there... someone chime in if Im wrong.

coki is not fancy, just the basics, but your backs sit to the local serving shacks and your view and beach is breathtaking. I'm guessing it's a mile or two long... two is stretching it, facing the water to the left is a more seculded area, away from coral world.

again know that it seems like I'm selling the place, it's because it was perfect for us, white sand, turquise calm water and a nice view. Saphire has this as well only more "upscale" than coki.... I can't find my saphire pics right now... will keep looking.

saphire and coki are only about 5 minutes from each other, coki has very easy cab access, I'm unsure of saphire as I was on a tour.... you could have the best of both worlds , do coki first, than saphire. The cab drivers will happily pick you up at an arranged time and I found them true to their word.

sorry, I got a bit chatty... no restaurant... the local servers can get you basic bar appetizer type food for comparable prices. NO shade without the umbrella purchase. You can rent scuba or snorkel gear here. Must show scuba card or sign up for cert. class... I think it was $65 for an hour. cheaper than the boat deal. I'll try to upload more pics, but I'm on dial up and it's testing my patience beyond belief now.

carol

Archived