Waterslides on Carnival?

Julitta

Does anyone know if they will let you slide down the waterslides on the Carnival ships with a child on your lap? The website seems to imply that you have to go down separately, but it seems a shame if we couldn't slide down holding a 3-year-old...

I hope this helps.

Carnival FAQ's

Carnival Twister waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

Use of the waterslide:

• Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.
  • Multiple riders are not permitted.
  • No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.
  • The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.
  • Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

Thanks for the reply.

:( Oh well! There seems to be kind of limited things a parent can do WITH a child on cruises, short of leaving them at CC.

Why would you think that? Just because you cannot go down one water slide with your child? These slide rules are in place because it isn't safe to go down together, and it's not safe for someone who is under the required height limit to use the slide.

I think you will find that you can spend your entire day doing activities with your child if you don't want to use the camp.

My experience is that the water slide rules, unlike many other rules, are actually followed. We were on the Ecstasy my son was not allowed to use the slide as they measured him and he was found to be only 41.5 inches. He's finally over 42 inches, so he'll be excited on our next cruise.

Why would you think that? Just because you cannot go down one water slide with your child? These slide rules are in place because it isn't safe to go down together, and it's not safe for someone who is under the required height limit to use the slide.

I think you will find that you can spend your entire day doing activities with your child if you don't want to use the camp.

Constructive suggestions welcomed...

I still had fun playing with my DS in the waterworks as they had a toddler slide he could use. I don't know if your ship has that. He also likes swimming in the big pool, going to the arcade, and doing putt putt. But really what he loves the most about cruising is the kids program. If he's not there, he's asking to go.

The putt putt course usually has clubs for preschoolers, there are other pools than the slide, there are the nightclubs, which are usually pretty empty during the day, but may still have lights going and music playing so families can dance ... you won't run out of things to do with your child without using the camp and without using the slide.

The Victory slide is similar to the Triumph's. I included a picture. I know there is a measuring stick at the top, but I have seen people go double. I know it wouldn't hurt to ask. If you feel OK with it, I would give it a try. Hope this helps.

100_2076.jpg

I find it better to talk to people, not down to them.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I was looking at Carnival's website and it's hard to see exactly what to do with little kids. I didn't notice that there's mini golf, and couldn't find info on exactly what other pools or slides were there. DD would love dancing in an empty nightclub. :D

We booked on the Victory so there would be no sea days, but now they dropped Dominica so I'm thinking what to do on the ship.

When we cruised on The Victory we came home exhausted as we never had any down time. You might be surprised with all there is to do especially with five ports. Another thing my son liked was playing with the big chess pieces and dancing to the bands. There's always the fruit carving and ice sculpting that are fun activities too. Who knows, they may let you ride the water slide together, but it's good to know your other options too.

Have fun on The Victory, it should be a great cruise.

I agree Namoi! I think the OP was just expression frustration that she might not be able to slide with her child, not suggesting that she should be able to do something unsafe.

I kind of disagree because she wanted to know if they would stop her from breaking the rules, even though she had read them and understood them. It did also seem that she was equating her 3-y/o not being allowed to go down the waterslide with not having anything much for young children to do. I'm glad she clarified that she now sees how much there actually is for parents and children to do together onboard. But still, when the first response is "I read the rules, but can I break the rules?" there are likely to be fairly strong responses back.

beachchick

Carnival Twister waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

I don't see Freedom listed in here... Anyone know the height restriction for that ship? I did find a mention on a travel agent website that said 42", but I am trying to find out something from Carnival or more definitive. My son may hit 42", but definitely not 48".

I kind of disagree because she wanted to know if they would stop her from breaking the rules, even though she had read them and understood them.

Yup, that is exactly what I asked. Or, maybe reword it this way: Is this a rule or just a cover-your-butt suggestion? Will they allow us to slide together if I ask nicely? If not NO BIG DEAL. And most obviously, IS it in fact unsafe, given that a small child is *required* to go down with a parent at the multi-storey waterparks around here?

My question was valid and did not warrant a "strong" response. I stopped posting on this board 6 months ago because of rudeness but I came back because I decided to focus on the majority of posters who are polite and helpful.

Archived