Barangaroo Wharf to Manly Ferry

dkata

It looks like there is a manly express ferry from Barangaroo wharf. Can we use our Opal cards on this service? Or is this a private company, like Capt Cook that isn't part of the Transport Service?

Is there a darling harbour to manly ferry? and can we use an Opal card on that route?

It looks like there is a manly express ferry from Barangaroo wharf. Can we use our Opal cards on this service? Or is this a private company, like Capt Cook that isn't part of the Transport Service?

Is there a darling harbour to manly ferry? and can we use an Opal card on that route?

There isn't a service yet, but I did a search and found this report saying it will start in a couple of months. Similarly they won't accept Opal initially, but will start later.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/manly-daily/sealink-to-run-sevenday-fast-ferry-service-between-manly-and-barangaroo/news-story/a9b7118bd7ed9c181a39b4f58cbc77ec

Apart from that ferries go from Circular Quay. There are connecting ferries from Barangaroo and Darling Harbour, both of which accept Opal.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

I've looked at the prices for both the State Ferries (which accept Opal cards)

and the Captain Cook private ferries. (which don't use Opal cards)

the cost of taking the state ferries to manly from the Darling harbor area (F4 to CQ, then F3 to manly) is $13.23 and then the return for same price, but there is an Opal daily maximum of $15.40. so it would be cheaper than the private captain Cook fast direct to manly ferry from Barangaroo for $8.90 each way or $17.80 RT if this were a one day trip. Is the $2.40 difference worth it a direct ferry service? I don't know.

But it looks as if Captain Cook has a 2 day ferry pass which includes the Taronga Zoo entrance fee for $55, and when you take into account the zoo entrance fee of $41.40 (online) or $46 (at the zoo gate) , that makes the captain cook ferry ride to the zoo and back (on one day) and a Manly ferry ride and back to Barangaroo on the second day a total of $13.60 for the 2 days of ferry rides. so that seems like the better deal, if I am understanding the website offerings and advertisements correctly.

Of course, if my assumptions or numbers are wrong, or the Captain Cook private ferries are worse than the state ferries, or have a bad reputation towards tourists, let me know. it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I think I am getting a good deal when I'm not, but since I'm a tourist, how would I know that?

I always appreciate the help and advice of fellow travelers and locals who know. Thanks!!!