Under 2's on Carnival (Pride specific, but any!)

katiedidthat

We will be on the Pride in November with our son. He will turn 13 months on the cruise and we're trying to figure out packing logistics. We already requested a crib and we plan to take a small stroller but we aren't sure what we should take when it comes to toys. I've read about the parent-child play times and we will take advantage of those, but does anyone know if they will let us sign out a toy or two from the playroom for him to use in our cabin? If not, we will pack a few small things, but it would save so much space if someone knew if we could borrow something! Thanks!

Sorry - I saw "under 2" and thought "Under 2 Zoo" which is what NCL calls their toddler program. Regardless of if you can check them out or not, I'd still bring a couple little things. Magnets on the wall were our dd's favorite in the cabin. I didn't originally think about them sticking to the cabin wall, but they did and that was really fun for her.

You can't check toys out from Camp Carnival. They do have for-fee babysitting for four hours on port days for under 2s. You can also drop them off for 2 hours on sea days during the parent-child play time. I think it is $6.75 an hour.

You can't check toys out from Camp Carnival. They do have for-fee babysitting for four hours on port days for under 2s. You can also drop them off for 2 hours on sea days during the parent-child play time. I think it is $6.75 an hour.

Was it $6.75 an hour to just go and play with him or is that to leave him? We don't plan on using the babysitting, we just want to be able to go and let him play (and maybe meet some other parents with little ones).

Was it $6.75 an hour to just go and play with him or is that to leave him? We don't plan on using the babysitting, we just want to be able to go and let him play (and maybe meet some other parents with little ones).

The $6.75 fee is if you are dropping your child off. There is no fee to stay and play with your baby :)

On the Breeze in April with my 9 month old there were 3 times on the 8 day cruise that we could take her to play. We had to stay with her and it was unsupervised but there was loads of toys that she liked and other parents and kids to talk to.

I never saw any opportunity to check out toys.

We took our I Pad loaded with Disney Junior shows and she sat in the crib and watched them while we got ready.

We just took teddies etc for her to play with.

She will be 13 months when we go on the Dream in 2 weeks and i am not sure what to pack to keep her entertained so am interested in replies!!

I keep seeing suggestions to take kids DVDs or videos on a laptop but we don't let him watch tv or use the iPad.. I guess we will just pack one of his push toys and a few small other things and hope to keep him occupied with those things. Thanks for the help folks!

Archived