Children & sea sickness!

Has anyone cruised with a sea sickness prone 4 year old?

Our son has been sea sick on the couple of boat rides we have taken him on.

Can't imagine cruising for 8 nights with a sea sick child.

Is there any hints or medication I could give him.

Would you just not bother with a cruise?

Has anyone cruised with a sea sickness prone 4 year old?

Our son has been sea sick on the couple of boat rides we have taken him on.

Can't imagine cruising for 8 nights with a sea sick child.

Is there any hints or medication I could give him.

Would you just not bother with a cruise?

I suggest you ask your pharmacist. There could be a children's version of Phenergan that would do the trick.

We took our motion-sickness prone daughter on a cruise when she was 5. She was the only member of our large group who didn't get sea-sick. Kids who have problems in cars and smaller boats often have no problems at all on large ships. Tendering was a bit of an issue but not a major problem.

Phenergan might work but I find it just makes kids dopey and sends them to sleep - which is not in itself a bad thing but might not be exactly what you are after.

Dramamine is another good option and has always worked for us. These days we have switched to using Sea-Bands but I have my suspicions that these would only work on older kids.

We took our motion-sickness prone daughter on a cruise when she was 5. She was the only member of our large group who didn't get sea-sick. Kids who have problems in cars and smaller boats often have no problems at all on large ships. Tendering was a bit of an issue but not a major problem.

Phenergan might work but I find it just makes kids dopey and sends them to sleep - which is not in itself a bad thing but might not be exactly what you are after.

Dramamine is another good option and has always worked for us. These days we have switched to using Sea-Bands but I have my suspicions that these would only work on older kids.

Agree with the above, green apples and ginger are some good natural remedies. One of those bracelets may do trip as a lot of the time it is the mind that starts you thinking about being sick.:D

Archived