Carnival Wedding Questions!

Hi all:

My Fiance and I are thinking about booking a wedding on carnival. I have some questions though:

1. It says you should book your cruise prior to booking your wedding. Can you get availability from them first? I'd hate to book the cruise and then not be able to get married! :)

2. Do you pay in full at the time of booking like the website says? We haven't even sent invites yet so I have no idea how many guests we will have.

Hi all:

My Fiance and I are thinking about booking a wedding on carnival. I have some questions though:

1. It says you should book your cruise prior to booking your wedding. Can you get availability from them first? I'd hate to book the cruise and then not be able to get married! :)

2. Do you pay in full at the time of booking like the website says? We haven't even sent invites yet so I have no idea how many guests we will have.

1.) All you need to do is pre-select a few dates and call the Weddings Dept. to see their availability. If you book enough in advance, you should have little trouble getting your first choice. They will hold the date for up to 24 hours so that you can get booked on the cruise, because you have to have a booking number to book a wedding.

2.)Yes, you pay the base package plan ahead of time. If you're set on a DJ or piano player, you may want to book that at the same time because they are first come, first served. If your package includes 20 people and you have 25--you just arrange the final payment with Weddings when you send your final guest list.

Yes, just call the wedding department with a few dates in mind along with the cruise ship you want to be on and they will give you availability. I must have called 4 or 5 times with different dates and ships when I was in the planning process. They are very easy to work with. Also you are going to want to call someone in group bookings to get assigned a coordinator. This is the person you will use to book your cruise and they will coordinate all your guest bookings and answer your guests questions. One less thing for you to worry about. When you book you only have to put a deposit for the cruise but you will have to pay in full your wedding stuff. You don't have to pay the balance on the cruise until something like 3 months before the wedding. In my case I booked in January for a January 2014 wedding and my cruise balance isnt due til november. I would say the more in advance you book the better chance you have of the days you want being a availed I was told I had pretty much the whole month available but I was too paranoid to wait any longer then I had to. Also when speaking with the group coordinator there are two options you have as far as booking rooms. There is a group rate option that includes perks such as a free cocktail hour and robes in room for guests. Since price was a concern we decided not to go with this option since the cruise rate is about $40 more for this versus the normal rate. Also you have 2 weeks to book all your rooms to qualify. Your coordinator will explain more of these details. Turns out tho that you can book your own cocktail hour and it's very inexpensive so that's what we wound up doing.

Wow I can't believe I wrote all that on my tablet. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you both so very much for all of this info!! Ill be calling the wedding department tomorrow to check some dates. I plan on booking our cruise while we're on our Glory cruise in April so we can get the OBC certs for our family. :)

Are you going to book your wedding cruise on your Glory cruise? Only reason that I ask is that they no longer do future cruise certificates. To get the obc, you have to put down a full deposit for the date you want, and they'll give you two family and friends vouchers, so they can book when you get home?

I don't think I can book the wedding onboard, so I planned on booking just our cruise then the wedding as soon as we get back.

Now that I think about it, what would happen if the date got booked while we were on the cruise...can we move the cruise we book?

Archived