Pix needed for Quantum.....?

There is a procedure to do it at the port if necessary.

We tried to use both methods available (taking photo with a webcam and uploading photo from a file) on a MAC, iPad and iphone this weekend and none would work. When we tried to use the camera on the device we kept getting a message to download FLASH and when we tried to upload a photo from a file, it always loaded sideways regardless of rotation in the original file.

We finally called customer service and after putting us on hold for 10 minutes or so to talk to the RCI help desk we were told it might be a browser issue and not to worry because if we couldn't figure it out we could always have the photo taken by security at the port. But we were also told that no one else had reported this problem - seemed strange since we were using Safari. In any event, when we switched to a PC we were able to upload the photo vertically rather than horizontally.

This is part of the enhanced check in process for Quantum. By uploading our own photo and taking care of credit cards, etc all before hand you are supposed to be able to be onboard in under 10 minutes. If you do not have the ability to do one or more of the requirements ahead of time they will have staff at the port, but it will then take you more than their promised 10 minute check in. Hoping it all works out as the planned, we will have to see!

It's not really set up to be done with mobile devices (perhaps when app is ready?) ... of course, this is not surprising since most of the pre-planning system does not work on my ipad either. I was able to use a Mac and Chrome without issue ... so maybe Safari is the culprit?

I used Firefox for browser and had no problems. For one picture I used the camera built into the laptop, for another I used a picture downloaded from a camera. I had no problems on either.

Hopefully, the pictures both meet their requirements and we will just be onboard within the 10 minutes they say

I have a mac and use safari and was able to upload. We took our photos using our iPhone and saved them to the mac. They will have capability to take photo at port. Also, after I printed my SetSail pass, I received an email from RCI confirming my SetSail pass was complete.

I personally find this whole process highly offensive.

RCI expects me to do their job that they are charging me for!

Get their staff to do their job, instead of their clients to pick up their slack.

What do they expect? self serve cruise now? hahahahaha! get a grip.

Perhaps they're letting people who don't want to wait in long lines get on the ship faster.

Get their staff to do their job, instead of their clients to pick up their slack.

Don't worry, for people like you who enjoy standing in long lines to let others wait on them, you will still have that option. This new procedure is only for those of us who would rather spend our time on the ship rather than the port lobby.

Don't worry, for people like you who enjoy standing in long lines to let others wait on them, you will still have that option. This new procedure is only for those of us who would rather spend our time on the ship rather than the port lobby.
Love seeing someone else post what I'm thinking!....K.O.:)

You're welcome to your opinion, and are more than welcome to let their staff help you at the pier.

Just don't complain that others are moving along faster than you because you don't want to take advantage of the options available to you.

Either embrace change or get out of the way :eek: