non stop to los angeles in july or august

keep looking to see when they are going to open the spring schedule

after march 28 2015

know there is a big controversy going on but i am not looking forward to

3 flights next may trying to get home on icelandair which is my 2nd choice

if norwegian air is NOT allowed to fly !!:eek:

thanks for any info !!

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

Friend of mine flew them between LGW and JFK the other week in their premium cabin on the Flameliner and said they were pretty decent. She's a VS Gold and typically flies them in Upper Class or Premium Economy so a reasonably decent benchmark to go off.

If I recall their biggest problem was that they contracted with a charter company to cover flights that they didn't have equipment for. That charter company was supposedly horrible both equipment and staff. I don't know if that is still going on but I'm probably not going to book with them.

wondering if anyone has flown from copenhagen or stockholm

non stop to los angeles in july or august

keep looking to see when they are going to open the spring schedule

after march 28 2015

know there is a big controversy going on but i am not looking forward to

3 flights next may trying to get home on icelandair which is my 2nd choice

if norwegian air is NOT allowed to fly !!:eek:

thanks for any info !!

They had extreme delays during the summer. Days...

If flying for a land vacation I would not hesitate, but if trying to catch a cruise, any flight delay could cause a problem. Norwegian just had a maintenance issue at Los Angeles and the flight was delayed 3 days. No accommodations provided. People sleeping at the airport.

The problem is that they only fly a couple of times a week out of Los Angeles. So it is not like another airline that has 2 or 3 flights per day they can put people on if one aircraft has a problem. Check their schedules and see what other flights they can put you on if your flight has a problem.

with these delays did they offer/provide hotel accommodations to the flyers ?

i would not mind that !!!;)

we are retired and if we were able to get home non stop

there would be no other connections to make !!!:)

Virtually no airline provides hotel vouchers unless you're a VIP, a very lucrative passenger, etc. Airlines provide a list of airport hotels you can start calling. The hotels often have a "distressed passenger rate".

Google "Norwegian Airlines LAX delay" to read several articles around July 25 from local LA stations. Passengers got $25/day vouchers and Norwegian employees didn't seem to be helping matters- LAPD had to calm down an ugly passenger mob. Norwegian blamed Obama's visit and a sporting event for lack of hotel rooms. There are "I hate Norwegian" type groups in Twitter and Facebook; obviously they only attract people with bad experiences.

As others pointed out, Norwegian has two LAX-LGW flights weekly. They do not have interline agreements; if your flight is delayed or cancelled the only options are their next *available* flight or forfeiting your entire ticket and flying on another airline at the very expensive "walk-up" fare. The next scheduled flight may not be the next *available*, especially on low-cost carriers like Norwegian that run very full.

The 787's teething pains are generally over and airlines are happy (especially with fuel economy which is better than expected). For some reason, Norwegian continues to have problems and have a much higher 787 cancellation and delay rate.

Edited by kenish

Virtually no airline provides hotel vouchers unless you're a VIP, a very lucrative passenger, etc.
Norwegian should be subject to 261/2004 obligations in both directions, so ought to be arranging hotel accommodation regardless of the reason for the delay.
The 787's teething pains are generally over and airlines are happy (especially with fuel economy which is better than expected).
Do you know the current fleetwide despatch reliability rate? Evidently, I'm hearing different things from what you are, but I don't have a current figure for this.

Norwegian should be subject to 261/2004 obligations in both directions, so ought to be arranging hotel accommodation regardless of the reason for the delay.Do you know the current fleetwide despatch reliability rate? Evidently, I'm hearing different things from what you are, but I don't have a current figure for this.

Well you may have better facts and figures than I do! I admit being rather anecdotal from articles I read...IIRC, the "fuel efficiency is great, all is forgiven" was in Avweek. Meanwhile I've read about Norwegian's deployment and dispatch delays. I will look for more info if I have time over the holiday weekend.

Norwegian should be subject to 261/2004 obligations in both directions, so ought to be arranging hotel accommodation regardless of the reason for the delay.

Norway isn't a E.U. member state so even though they are operating from the Europe Union, they might try to claim some exemption. For example, I think they're not obligated to provide any relief for ex-U.S. flights but should have to for ex-E.U. flights.

Well you may have better facts and figures than I do!
Not particularly up-to-date, which is why I'm interested in what it's looking like now.

IIRC, at the end of 2013, according to Flight, technical dispatch reliability across the worldwide fleet was still only at about 95%, which is a horrible number.

Everything I found today seems to indicate E.U. member airline or leaving from the E.U.
The clue is in the actual Regulation itself. The heading includes the magic words "Text with EEA relevance". This is usually an indicator that it applies across the EEA, not just the EU. Norwegian's own website seems to confirm this.

Do you know the current fleetwide despatch reliability rate? Evidently, I'm hearing different things from what you are, but I don't have a current figure for this.

Browsing around the net, it was 95-96% a year ago and has steadily increased to 98% in January and 99% by June/July. ANA reports higher numbers for their fleet but it's their own report and might be "massaged" to serve some agenda. ANA says it needs further improvement. Their goal is 2-3 digits to the right of the decimal point, very Japanese.

Edited by kenish

• 2 weeks later...

Like most investigative journalism, particularly on TV, this must be taken with a huge pinch of salt. But it gives an insight into some of the things that have been acknowledged to have been part of the history of the 787's problems, even if you don't believe the stuff about continuing quality or safety concerns: Exclusive: Safety concerns dog Boeing 787.

The associated documentary has now been officially published on YouTube:-

[YOUTUBE]NxZLI070-Yk[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Globaliser

I'm also looking at this airline for a flight to europe from Los Angeles in June 2015. Prices are awesome. Wish someone could actually provide some real feedback in terms of quality of planes, seat comfort and size, etc. I want to know what people's experience with the airline has been. Thanks!