Hotels in Mobile

soulfulone

Hello everyone. I am doing some research on hotels in Mobile. Are there any that has pre cruise pakage? Try to figure out what would be the least costly. To book at a hotel then pay to park car at terminal? or stay somewhere where there is a shuttle and leave the car at the hotel?

any info would be awesome.

The radisson has a park and cruise package but after booking it. We did some research and there were a lot of complaints about filthy rooms and partying. Not just from one review site but from all of them. So we cancelled.

We booked the Hampton and it was so nice, very clean and super comfortable beds. Then we just parked at the cruise terminal garage.

The radisson has a park and cruise package but after booking it. We did some research and there were a lot of complaints about filthy rooms and partying. Not just from one review site but from all of them. So we cancelled.

We booked the Hampton and it was so nice, very clean and super comfortable beds. Then we just parked at the cruise terminal garage.

Eh, some people say the same thing about the Holiday. Did you find all those bogus claims to be true? I sure didnt.

The Radisson was a very very nice place to stay. Sparkling clean, comfy sleep number beds and a great staff.

It seems it gets just as bogus of reviews as the cruiseship does that sails out of Mobile.

Or maybe Im just too easy to please.

I will stay there again if ever cruising out of Mobile.

We stayed in the Radisson when we cruised out of Mobile in Dec 2006. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and was gorgeous. The rooms were fabulous, the staff was super friendly and the Sleep Number beds were great! The parking garage seemed a little iffy but we had no problems leaving our car there for the week. The shuttle service was prompt and friendly (and the driver even went out of his way once I was ON the ship and realized my camera fell out of my bag on his bus!). I highly recommend it!

Have a great cruise!

We just stayed at the Raddison for our June 21st cruise on the Holiday. We had 5 rooms booked total for our group. Everyone in our party loved this hotel. It is old but beautifully redone. We also loved leaving our cars there and taking the shuttle.

Hello everyone. I am doing some research on hotels in Mobile. Are there any that has pre cruise pakage? Try to figure out what would be the least costly. To book at a hotel then pay to park car at terminal? or stay somewhere where there is a shuttle and leave the car at the hotel?

any info would be awesome.

We found a Holiday Inn at Bellingrath Gardens that has a shuttle and the rate was $88.

We stayed there in may 05 and when we arrived at midnight it seemed a little on the shady side but I would stay there again. It was fine for one night, the free shuttle to the cruise ship was easy and we ended up post cruise walking back to the hotel because we didn't want to wait for the airport shuttle to get through the mess of disembarkation - it was an easy walk which it was nice to do before getting in the car for a long drive home. Car was very safe!

Thank all of you again. I made a reservation at the Raddison. I thought after driving 10 hrs it will be nice to just got one place to stay and leave car. I do have a question.On the fun pass that we all fill out. I had not had the hotel reserved yet. I saw the question about post cruise we are not planing on staying anywhere. Just going to head home. Do we need to put something down cause we left our car and need to catch the shuttle back to the hotel??:confused:

I live in Mobile and the Radisson Admiral Semmes has a very good reputation and great location for folks who are taking the Holiday. There is also the Renaissance Riverview and the Battle House, but I expect they would be pricey. The Holiday Inn - Bellingrath Gardens (nowhere near it, but not far from the road you'd take to get there; well worth a visit) is probably a pretty good place to stay, as well (lots of restaurants nearby.) I understand they have free parking and a shuttle.

There are plenty of places "over the Bay" in the Daphne/Spanish Fort area, (Hilton Garden Inn, several others) and a great shopping center, the Eastern Shore Centre, in Daphne/Spanish Fort, as well. There is a brand new Bass Pro Shop nearby. There are wonderful seafood restaurants on the Causeway between Mobile and the Eastern Shore (Daphne/Spanish Fort) including Felix's and, for a real, down-home Mobile experience, the Blue Gill restaurant.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn on I-65 and Airport Blvd. It has recently been renovated and was a great value! They let us leave our car there while on the cruise (at no charge), and we parked it right by the office. We took a cab to the cruise terminal for $20-ish, and we passed up all the cars waiting in line at the garage, dropped us off right up front, and the porter took our bags directly from the taxi. It couldn't have been more convenient!

Ty Jamie. How was your cruise?? I am so looking forward to getting down there on the 12th. I am watching Gustav though.. I am wondering just like everyone else where this will make land fall and how much damage it is going to cause?? But i am staying postive we have 16 days to go..

Archived