Advice on Jamaican Excursions!

DisneyDreamer9583

Hey guys! I'm going on the Disney Fantasy in October and one of our stops is Falmouth, Jamaica. I was looking at the excursions and the Dunn's River Falls/Rainforest Bobsled Jamaica looks fun. Have you guys been? Is it worth it or just another tourist attraction? Can you bring your own camera? (even if it's DSLR?)

Any advice? Any other excursions you'd suggest? Thanks guys! :)

Dunn's River Falls and Mystic Mountain (bob sled and/or zip line) make a great combination excursion. They are very close to each other and a lot of fun.

Yes, you certainly can bring your own camera to either place. Mystic Mountain does take photos of you as you are going up the tram and while coming down the bob sled ride. Both are available to purchase.

Mystic Mountain has a great view of the Ocho Rios port and city. Also souvenir shops, bar, restaurant, aviary, and pool up at the top.

I'd suggest you NOT climb the falls with your camera (unless it is waterproof). Odds are high that it will get wet. Let someone who isn't climbing the falls take the photos.

I hope I helped.

We really like to schedule a private driver for the day. We just love Noel "Steve" Smith - noelsmith66@yahoo.com. He is really reliable and friendly. It's nice to have a driver and do things at your own pace. I like to be able to stop for photos along the way if I see something interesting.

Last time we were in Falmouth, he took us to the river tubing site. We had a great time there. Then we went to Dunn's Falls. It was perfect timing. We arrived just as all the mega buses if tours were leaving. We practically had the falls to ourselves. We climbed without a guide and just took our time taking lots of photos and allowing the kids to play under the small falls along the way.

After the falls, we went to Scotchies for local jerk chicken and port - Yummy!

We compared our day with other cruisers - they all wished they had Steve for the day. We are just not thrilled with large, group excursions with a strict schedule. We had a spectacular day - can't imagine a better time!

We really like to schedule a private driver for the day. We just love Noel "Steve" Smith - noelsmith66@yahoo.com. He is really reliable and friendly. It's nice to have a driver and do things at your own pace. I like to be able to stop for photos along the way if I see something interesting.

Last time we were in Falmouth, he took us to the river tubing site. We had a great time there. Then we went to Dunn's Falls. It was perfect timing. We arrived just as all the mega buses if tours were leaving. We practically had the falls to ourselves. We climbed without a guide and just took our time taking lots of photos and allowing the kids to play under the small falls along the way.

After the falls, we went to Scotchies for local jerk chicken and port - Yummy!

We compared our day with other cruisers - they all wished they had Steve for the day. We are just not thrilled with large, group excursions with a strict schedule. We had a spectacular day - can't imagine a better time!

We are looking for something like this too. We just want to go to Mystic Mountain and maybe a little sightseeing. But it's just two of us. Can you tell me how much he charged for you?

You should just email him and ask what he would charge you. I'm sure he would be glad to quote you a price. I can't remember what we paid, but I'm sure it would be very different as there were 6 of us. We (just 3 of us) plan to use him in the fall. I haven't emailed him yet for a price. We will definitely go with Steve regardless. He is a great guy and it is worth it to have your own driver. I think some people don't mind doing things with a group of others - it's just not for us.

• 3 weeks later...