New Carnival rate structure

The reporter

Recap of new Carnival rates that start on December 3. What are your thoughts?

So here's a high level overview of our Carnival Cruise Fare program:

· Fun Select and Fun Select Plus are our premium fares that will come with some level of upgrade and are perfect for your clients who seek flexibility.

· Early Saver remains with its industry renowned price protection feature.

· When Early Saver expires (at 5 and 3 months for long and short cruises,

respectively), your clients can take advantage of our new fare, Easy Saver that will be at the same price level as Early Saver but without price protection.

· We are retiring the Fun Saver fare and introducing two new guarantee (i.e. no cabin assignment) - Super Saver and Instant Saver. Super Saver will have non-refundable deposit and will be available on sailings up to the final payment window.

Instant Saver will be fully non-refundable fare and will be available within the final payment window.

· For all your Past Guests clients, the Past Guest program remains as it is today with a complimentary 2 category upgrade.

· Our Residents, Seniors and Military rates will continue to compliment our faces on a sailing by sailing basis.

The Reporter

I am already irritated with the new rate structure. I was logged in a few minutes ago checking rates for a balcony cabin on the Magic for June/July 2013. I want a balcony & inside with 2 passengers in each cabin.

When I select the Past Guest rate the only option it is giving me - on all sailings - is "Cove Balcony". It appears the only way to select all the various balcony options (cove, extended, premium) is by selecting the Fun Select Plus rate - which is $200 more expensive.

Additionally, I see the option to select Multiple Staterooms, but only in the same category (inside, oceanview, balcony, suite).

It looks like I may have to call the PVP who has been bombarding me with emails/voicemails for the last 2 years. I like doing my own booking online, but I don't see how I can like this. We are also considering saling out of Miami on the Liberty or Breeze, as I love the itineraries and the prices for the Magic are SO high.

I was looking at that. Anyone notice the lowest rates on the front page of the cruise selection does not match the rates when you go to select a rate on the 2nd page? For example: I have been looking at a few cruises for winter 2014 - one of which was the 1-26-14 Magic sailing. Balconies from the main page start at $739(which was ES as of last night), but when you go to select a rate, Super Saver is the lowest at $809 and ES is now $819. I did this on a few cruises and the front page seems to be still showing the ES or other lower rates from last night, but when you actually go to select a rate, all rates are higher.

Glitches perhaps - but looks like they raised rates by quite a bit.

SO high compared to what? Curious because I've been monitoring some pricing for next fall on Magic and I just looked and there doesn't seem to be any change at all.

Maybe they just haven't got to my hoped for dates yet. Back to researching, maybe I didn't go far enoughmwith my fake bookings.

I was looking at that. Anyone notice the lowest rates on the front page of the cruise selection does not match the rates when you go to select a rate on the 2nd page? For example: I have been looking at a few cruises for winter 2014 - one of which was the 1-26-14 Magic sailing. Balconies from the main page start at $739(which was ES as of last night), but when you go to select a rate, Super Saver is the lowest at $809 and ES is now $819. I did this on a few cruises and the front page seems to be still showing the ES or other lower rates from last night, but when you actually go to select a rate, all rates are higher.

Glitches perhaps - but looks like they raised rates by quite a bit.

Yes, I noticed the very same thing. :confused:

SO high compared to what? Curious because I've been monitoring some pricing for next fall on Magic and I just looked and there doesn't seem to be any change at all.

Maybe they just haven't got to my hoped for dates yet. Back to researching, maybe I didn't go far enoughmwith my fake bookings.

So high compared to what I paid this summer of 2012. The rates listed now are a lot higher.

Ahhhhhh I see what you guys mean. $809 for a balcony on the front page but no cheaper than $889 when you actually get to the rates while going through the booking. Talk about a little bait and switch. Website folks better get everything working together.

The balcony prices I was looking at last night. All of them are $40 to $100 more pp than I was looking at last night for the same ship, same sailing, same # of people and same balcony category. AND Past Guest rate is no longer available on a couple of them. I only used the Magic one as an example, but the other ships and sailings I have been eyeing - all prices - especially ES have gone up overnight.

Spoke with a Carnival rep. there is a problem with the new system. Past guest price for 3 in a cabin on the Dream 12-7-13 $569pp for a cove. It won't let you upgrade cabins. The early saver price for the same cruise is $853pp. Almost $300 higher. Don't book on line.

did mock booking for legend in march 2014 and past guest does not have a check on the free upgrades anymore and only balcony available were the obstucted ones. guess it will be fixed before I decide if that the cruise I want to do

Wow, just checked our prices and early saver is higher than others. And the easy saver is the price that early saver was last week. Glad im booked already. Doesnt look good for early saver rates on my sailing anymore.

Wow, just checked our prices and early saver is higher than others. And the easy saver is the price that early saver was last week. Glad im booked already. Doesnt look good for early saver rates on my sailing anymore.

Agreed, I just checked on a booking I was looking at last week on the Breeze under Early Saver prices, now ES rate is not even offered. :( It was an inside spa cabin, under the new rates its $100 higher.

I'm going to wait a little longer and see if they change it under a sale.

Happy Sailing,

Archived